Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 12-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585265[/ATTACH]This is the pattern I will use. This one is waiting for me to get some other stuff done and then goes on the long arm. I bought Angela Walter's new quilting rulers (4 of them) yesterday and will make another attempt to use that long arm. This one has cornerstone sashing.
That will look amazing with the Churn Dash blocks!!!
Old 12-13-2017, 01:37 PM

BattleAxe I received your blocks today, they look even more awesome in person. Thank You for the magazines and the pincushion. I am excited to get to work on some of the patterns.

I really like the quilt you posted love the colors.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:39 PM

Bluelady love the quilt pattern you posted.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585265[/ATTACH]This is the pattern I will use. This one is waiting for me to get some other stuff done and then goes on the long arm. I bought Angela Walter's new quilting rulers (4 of them) yesterday and will make another attempt to use that long arm. This one has cornerstone sashing.

Battle Axe, I love this quilt! These colors would be perfect for a man's quilt. The churn dashes would be fabulous made this way. Thanks for sharing this one with us.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:11 PM

Bluelady, I love the churn dash and tri recs stars. That is an awesome pattern!
Battleax-your quilt has a nice layout with dashing. That is all good information.

Last edited by Crispy_Frog; 12-13-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:42 AM

Default My blocks

I am trying to use my two pale pink batiks as backgrounds for my blocks. May have to throw in another background in order to have the complete total. Am not familiar with posting a pic on this site but will try to figure it out
Old 12-14-2017, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dsenters View Post
I am trying to use my two pale pink batiks as backgrounds for my blocks. May have to throw in another background in order to have the complete total. Am not familiar with posting a pic on this site but will try to figure it out
Dsenters, Is the pale pink batik for background for the churn dash block, For blocks you are keeping or sending in for the swap?
Old 12-14-2017, 08:21 AM

I once did a churn dash block and it turned out well. That was several years ago. I like the look of it, so I signed up to do this for 21 blocks. How hard could it be? I asked myself.It struck me! It is for a swap! It is a block swap and I have never done a block swap. I turned into a nervous wreck. What if I don't press my seams correctly? Oh no....the points are on the edge!!! I measured and cut so carefully. I sewed with a scant 1/4 inch seam allowance. I followed all the rules. I'll do a couple more samples, but if I can't get my seam allowances on the points, I might have to bail from this!
Old 12-14-2017, 08:35 AM

Crispy_Frog, don't forget to check your machine settings. I found that was where my problem was. And, I also made sure to measure and double check each seem. That way you can rule out errors in your seem allowance. Again, because of the machine setting, it put off my quarter inch seam. Also, just re-check you dimensions on your rectangles and squares. They should measure 4.5 inches each unfinished. (When they've been pieced.)

And, remember, we are not all expecting perfect. Close is usable as well. Joining a swap is a learning experience. And, you will learn with each one you do. And, you'll gain more confidence with each one.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:44 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585337[/ATTACH]Now that i've finished my mom duties over the past 3 weeks helping daughter with her 4 child ( my 1st/last grand daughter ) I can now work on my blocks. Making progress. I see what some have spoken about. I've sewn the scant seam allowance and still am coming very close to loosing my points. So what I've decided is that my squares are 12.5, some a little more. So advoid loosing points I'm not gonna square. I did square 4 of them, and what I cut off was so little I would rather the receiver to square as needed. What is your opionion. Oh, this pic collage was taken with phone, so that's why it looks this way. It's actually 4 individual pics.
Attached Thumbnails 1214171019.jpg