Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? >

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by janell2009
I wish I would have been more creative... when I signed up in here I did not know what it was all about. I just used something I thought I would not forget... my name.. well sometimes I wonder.. hehehehe
You can change your name by contacting admin. This is what I did.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 PM

great topic, too many to read! I am Cassidy, the CAS are acutally my initials. The poohbear is my favorite cartoon, all of Pooh and friends. Still have the bear from when I was born... and now an entire bedroom decorated in Pooh garb. Makes people think we have a kid somewhere. Haven't made time for the movie yet though!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:55 PM

My mom called me this and still does at times. She will be 84 on the 18 of this month. She is and always has been the only one to call me this :-)
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Great Stories. Have enjoyed them all.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
I supervise America's largest quilting job program for male inmates. We were featured in the February/March issue of Quilter's Home Magazine.
Good for you!
My retired military son teaches juveniles in prison, science, english and other studies.
Do you need donated supplies? How can I find out more about what you do? Thanks!
Jeannie P.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:14 PM

My grandchildren call me "Bee." And in the summertime, I raise monarch butterflies. Right now I have 9 in chrysalis!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Mine is a mixture of 2 of our kitties...Missy and Ticky2 :)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM

mine is my dog's name at the time I signed up.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee
It's my real name but with a different spelling than I was born with. It was Noelly, but everyone called me No-elly and it is pronounced No'-lee, so when I was 40 I changed it. I was born a week before Christmas so instead of calling me "Christmas Carol", as they planned, they went with the Noel part of Christmas and added an "ly". At least with Christmas Carol, I could have been called Chris. I've always hated my name which is why my four daughters have very common names.
Worse yet, your birthday seems to vanish from anybody noticing...mine is on the 19th....
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
Originally Posted by olebat
As a caver, I go slithering through the underground, and visit bats in their natural habitats. I developed a sincere interest in the critters, and became an amateur bat ecologist. They are fascinating and play an important role in our ecological balance. When time came to get a CB handle, I selected olebat, which has become a screen name anytime a screen name or email is needed. My kids (several thousand 4-H’ers a year) really get a kick out of being able to call their advisor olebat. As an employee of the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service, I make house calls and answer bat related phone calls. One of the many pleasures I have is making presentations to garden clubs, day camps, library talks, schools, etc., educating the public about our poorly understood flying mammals. The timid call me bat lady. I often remind folks that the name is ole, not old bat. There is an oldbat in our National Speleological Society. Great woman, and much younger than I. (Also a quilter BTW.)
Thank you for you dedication to an often misunderstood creature!
I second that--bats are so unjustly maligned. In trying to educate one person at a time I often use the line "Without bats we'd have no Margaritas!" (since bats are pollinators of the agave plant) to get someone's attention on the subject. Thank you olebat for your efforts.