Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 PM

i just weighed myself and dropped below 195! maybe i will be in the 180's for t'giving. what a nice thought!
judy-- i know what you mean about 150. my body loves 155 and it takes an atom bomb to get below that! sooooooo frustrating! but that's what we're all here for, to plant mental atom bombs for each other. i will get there! first things first, i need to get out of the 190's. remember how excited i was to get to one-derland? wait til you see me at 180!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by BARES
Nancia - thank you for such a warm welcome. I will take the encouragment, nagging, advice, and commiserating. I need it.

xylie, it sounds like Mother Nature was trying to wake you up? lol Hubby once was walking down the sidewalk and a flag sneaked around his head and popped him on the ear farthest from the flag. He described it just about like you did the branches. He said that it sneaked up on him, smacked him and then ran. Your neighbor sounds like someone who wants to be needed, and stay involved with other people. How nice for you and your family that she picked you.
Oh,that's funny!yes just like that.They slap you and run!ROTFL!!Yes,poor thing,Lost her hubby this summer of 50 yrs and does need to keep busy.Loves to cook and is a great cook.We told her we'd come over for Thanksgiving if she was going to be alone as she invited us.Well of course now the family {hers} is comming.Which is great.I told her we'd buy the food and turkey and come down the day before and early am of the day and help make the dinner.So,that's what we're going to do.My hubby don't do crowds,and said he wouldn't go if her kids went,but I told him it is giving her a pourpose and something to live for and that we would go no matter what.It won't kill him.He loves her to death,and I do too.She got a bad knee and can hardly get around but wait's for us to come by her house and sits outside waiting for us to come over.We go about 6 pm every other night on the way to get our mail as we have to ride right by her house on our mobility scooters.In fact I bought mine from her last july a yr ago.That's how we met.Me and her hit it off right off the bat.I'm taking her down a computer this week to give her that a friend gave to me 15 yrs ago.An old Apple 30 yrs old I think.But will be ok for her to learn on how to use it.I h ave 3 and only use 1.So will help her out.She is excited about it too.Will give her company.
Jeanne be really careful about the hypoglycemia. It might be good to have someone to check on you often. Meds can often interfere but if you have lost enough weight they may be causing your bs to drop. It is good that you are going to the doc and don't count anything out. Even the amount of water you are drinking may be flushing your system too much.

IRose, I hope you weren't alone getting on the ladder. At least take your cell phone or the cordless. Never hurts to be prepared! Glad to hear of all the work that is taking the weight off. I hear 160, 150 and wish I was there. It will happen for me, and you guys have done the work already. It is just a matter of preception of looking at it from my side. You all deserve to be proud of the hard work even while you are being aware of not creeping back up. Have a great rest of Sunday everyone and thanks for the welcome.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Oral steroids will do that to me instantly and the strange thing the weight doesn't leave easily. Don't mean to scare you - you're younger and stronger than I am so your body may drop the med pounds quickly. The injected steroids I had this year in my foot and back didn't have the same effect, thank goodness.

It's such a pretty day, I think I'll be stupid and take Cheech and Chong to do the lake walk downtown. They become overexcited and don't listen as well as usual. I wish I had someone to go with me. They each need a lesson, but it has to be individual.

Back to the SM.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
i just weighed myself and dropped below 195! maybe i will be in the 180's for t'giving. what a nice thought!
judy-- i know what you mean about 150. my body loves 155 and it takes an atom bomb to get below that! sooooooo frustrating! but that's what we're all here for, to plant mental atom bombs for each other. i will get there! first things first, i need to get out of the 190's. remember how excited i was to get to one-derland? wait til you see me at 180!
Well,I might as well wait for you.I'm back up to 170 this morning.That's good your headed to the 180's and OUT of the 200's.You go girl!I told you you could do it.Good for you.Once we get to going,it's easier to lose.But when you stop and gain like I am doing now,then I have to start over.Once I'm going,I'm fine.But getting back on the wagon is a bitch.But I have done it many many times over the 4 yrs,so know I will.Yes,I want to see you in the 180's by December!.And I want to see me in the 145,or 150 for sure by December.1st that is.Less than 2 months.Me and Karen lost 10 pounds in a week one time.So know I can do it.I just need to quite messing around and get serious.Good for you tho!We can do it.We will do it.We all will let the skinny girls out.Keep it up.I am losing weight,I am in control,not my hungur pangs.Ignor them,I am.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:19 PM

xylie-- if you told me you were going to fly to the moon, i would believe that you would, and definitely, could! you can and do, do anything! you are my inspiration, so come on, girl! let's get it done!! and none of that 10 lbs in a week crap. that comes right back on and brings it's friends! 2 to 3 lbs a week. let's go!! december is on its way (or should i say, weigh!?)
Old 10-09-2011, 01:22 PM

Hoping tomorrow's weigh in makes me do a happy dance. I spent this beautiful day upstairs cleaning out my closet. I will donate to Hospice tomorrow. But, I am looking at certain pants and saying to myself - Maybe by the end of the month I can wear these. Lots of blouses hanging there saying me too, me too.

I hope by my birthday in March I can break the 200 mark. I will look very different. This weight has been on way too long.

Best wishes for happy dances for everybody tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:55 PM
elm

Hope someone can help. I had been following along with and sending messagew to the grandmother whose GS was hurt in Afghanistan. Somehow, lost contact just when she was going to Texas to see him. Can anyone put me back in touch. How are they all doing?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:55 PM
elm

Hope someone can help. I had been following along with and sending messagew to the grandmother whose GS was hurt in Afghanistan. Somehow, lost contact just when she was going to Texas to see him. Can anyone put me back in touch. How are they all doing?
sorry don't know why that printed twice. didn't stick and I didn't hit the button twice.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 PM

elm-- i don't know anything. (truer words were never spoken, roflmbo), do you remember who it was?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:08 PM

So glad to hear you got a good report from the doctor. Waiting for the answer is often worse than what the doctor has to say. Good luck with your walking program.