Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JanTx
I signed up here, but have neglected to keep up with the posts - until today. Wow! What an encouraging and energetic group! Your hands must all be very skinny from all the exercise your fingers get!

For years a friend and I walked at the track at least 5 days a week. We said our cheeks should be very thin from all the talking we did. The rest of us? Not so much! So to the 30 days habit idea - we walked for about 7 years and now - not at all. At least we made it through our kids' middle school and high school years that way.

I do weight watchers and at last night's weigh in was down 2 pounds. Still not as far down as last May, but better. The summer really did me in.

Someone on here is also a petite person - Short and Sweet, maybe? I'm not quite 5' and weigh 170 so we're pretty close. How are you doing?

I was making a quilt block for each pound lost, but decided to make one each time I show any loss at the ww meetings. Gives me something to look forward to. Since I have about 50 more pounds to lose that will be more than enough blocks for ANYTHING.

So ... your encouraging words help ... not only the core members of this group, but also those of us who just check in once in a while! Thanks!
I'm short and sassy...does that count :D 4'10 145lbs... down from 165 but stuck.. :(
Old 11-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Leota: I wouldn't say short and sassy, how about short and sxxx. That is more fun.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Dgrindy, .8 of a pound is 2800 calories you cut from your food plan. A loss is always worth celebrating, no matter how small it seems. Good job!

I haven't been to WW in years. It will be interesting to see how fruit can be free when it contains fructose. Time will tell.

I bought a yard of fabric for my quilt, but I'm not starting until after I drop 5 pounds. I wonder how long that will take.

The sad thing is I have lost 2 1/4 inches in height, but no weight, which makes me even more overweight. Ah, well, such is life.

Missy, I don't know your story, but I do know that a man who doesn't make you feel better about yourself is not worth your time.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Dgrindy, .8 of a pound is 2800 calories you cut from your food plan. A loss is always worth celebrating, no matter how small it seems. Good job!

I haven't been to WW in years. It will be interesting to see how fruit can be free when it contains fructose. Time will tell.

I bought a yard of fabric for my quilt, but I'm not starting until after I drop 5 pounds. I wonder how long that will take.

The sad thing is I have lost 2 1/4 inches in height, but no weight, which makes me even more overweight. Ah, well, such is life.

Missy, I don't know your story, but I do know that a man who doesn't make you feel better about yourself is not worth your time.
Thank you irishrose. I agree and he is history!

Missy
Old 11-10-2010, 02:20 PM

Alrighty now. Here is the quilt I made that will be auctioned off on the 19th. I so love it. I wonder if there is anything I can do to get it back? LOL!! They said they are going to put the starting bid at $500.00. Wowsers. It is not a pic of the whole quilt but hopefully you will get the idea.

Missy

Can you see the quilting?!?! Sooo cool.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123340[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-123335.jpe  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Wow! It came out beautiful!! Do you do your own quilting? The quilting is fabulous!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Wow! It came out beautiful!! Do you do your own quilting? The quilting is fabulous!
No. I don't. I wish I did. Next one that I am doing that will be auctioned off I am going to do the quilting myself. The woman that does my quilting does an amazing job and I never have to wait for her and generally I get my quilts back in a couple days AND she is soooo reasonably priced. She only charged me 80 dollars for this one and it is 95X95! Wow.

I am trying to convince my mom that she needs to go to the auction and try and get it back for me. LOL!!

The woman in charge of the Festival said today that they have several very wealthy people asking if I am going to put another quilt in this year's auction. So it should be interesting how the auction goes.

Missy
Old 11-10-2010, 02:42 PM

That would be awesome if it starts at $500 and go UP :D
Old 11-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
That would be awesome if it starts at $500 and go UP :D
It sure would!! I would feel awful if they started at $500 and then went down. Yipes. I never really thought about that happening.

Missy
Old 11-10-2010, 03:05 PM

to the October winners, I am mailing the fat quarters Friday, I forgot tommorrow is Veterans Day