Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-02-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Missy is this you really holding back???????????? So far in 2 days you have how many pic??????? You crack me up! What we do without your purse-o-pills.
    Uh. Maybe. My magical purse-o-pills has saved my life more than once. Maybe I need to go looking for a pretty green one just to make sure I am holding back. hehe!

Carrie... what are you doing in my picture??
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]152246[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-152241.jpe  
    Old 01-02-2011, 04:34 PM
    Banned

dinner time...........meatloaf, smashed potatoes and spinach.............i'll be back!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 01-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Sorry but I had trouble finding this so I'm in for Jan. New Year New Resolve. Best of luck to all.
    Gail
    Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 PM

dinner time...........meatloaf, smashed potatoes and spinach.............i'll be back!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tator tot casserole here...

Missy
    Old 01-02-2011, 04:38 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Sorry but I had trouble finding this so I'm in for Jan. New Year New Resolve. Best of luck to all.
    Gail
    i was wondering if you would be showing up..........and you finally found us.
    Old 01-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Gail
    i was wondering if you would be showing up..........and you finally found us.
    Yeah Gail!!

Missy
    Old 01-02-2011, 04:49 PM

Missy, I know where you're coming from. I too wonder how/why I allowed myself to get so out of shape. Growing up I was so skinny my husband's grandfather called me BB, saying I was nothing but breath and britches. If he could see me now he would be surprised. This problem with my knee has really put things into perspective for me. I'm healing fine with it but it would be so much easier and less stress on the knee if I wasn't carrying all this excess weight around. But, I'm on the right track now, and so are you. With lots of encouragement, motivation, perseverence and determination we CAN and WILL get this excess weight off.
    Old 01-02-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Hmmm, does this mean I don't qualify for the winnings if I lose the most this month? Since I'm getting CarolJ's FQs? I want to be fair BUT I am highly competitive...

Tru-what's the call here? Am I exempt for January?

Keep up the work, friends! Getting results takes effort!
    I think it counts as mine. Did I throw a monkey wrench in all of this?
    Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Missy, I know where you're coming from. I too wonder how/why I allowed myself to get so out of shape. Growing up I was so skinny my husband's grandfather called me BB, saying I was nothing but breath and britches. If he could see me now he would be surprised. This problem with my knee has really put things into perspective for me. I'm healing fine with it but it would be so much easier and less stress on the knee if I wasn't carrying all this excess weight around. But, I'm on the right track now, and so are you. With lots of encouragement, motivation, perseverence and determination we CAN and WILL get this excess weight off.
    Thank you so much. You are right. We are on the right track now. So, all I can do is do what I know will work and get mobile.

Missy
    Old 01-02-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I am committed to start exercising. We live in the country and I am starting with taking my dog for walks up our road. This may sound kind of dumb, but I was wondering if any of you struggle with not wanting to be seen while exercising? I have a bike and love the water but to be honest I would be very self concious (sp?)to even try to get into a swim suit let alone be seen at the pool. I know this is wrong but I am being honest this is a big obstacle for me. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this struggle because I know if I don't get over it nothing will change! Also as I have gotten older and heavier I feel really unflexable and like I don't have great balance any more I was wondering from some of you ladies who have been succesful in losing weight already if your balance comes back? I know they say you never forget how to ride a bike....BUT I can just see the big wreck I could have because I don't have the ABILITY to ride one anymore! lol Now that would draw some attention! HA HA! :) I would be interested in hearing what others have done to get in shape and what worked for them. Thanks!
    Walking is really good and you can use walking sticks. they aid in balance. As you walk your balance will come back. Part of the reason we loose balance is because our core muscles are weak and walking will help build your core up.