Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap

• March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by urgodschild2
    Hi everyone. I have arrived in Melbourne, Australia safely. I have already taken the tram out to one of the shops that Lynnnie told me about ...also gave me a list of other places to check out that were closer to where I live. Gotta love the Australians....they are so nice.

Waving madly across the water

So if Lynnie and I are matched for April, I am sure she will be delighted to get the doll quilt not only done by me but my darling GD. She is my only GD and she is my artsy crafty girl. She loves the I spy quilt that I made for them and promptly asks me is she can make a small I spy quilt. Gotta love that enthusiasm.
    Would be doubly delighted for sure. I love I Spy Quilts too
    Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 PM

[QUOTE=QuiltingKrazy;5074623]The Premier??? sounds official. Get a picture to post if you can! That would just be really neat! QUOTE]

Our Premier = a Governor in a US state so yes its official - there will be TV cameras and every politician comes out of the woodwork to be seen !

Will get a pic but not sure I will be standing alongside the Premier, will give it a try though
    Old 03-19-2012, 09:52 PM

I am glad that you explained what the premier was as I knew the prime minister is something all together different. How nice that you get to participate in something like that.

moonrise......love the stitching on your quilt. I have to learn how to do that. I have a Bernina Machine that I have never used and it is for doing embroidery patterns. I should check it out. silly me.

Last edited by urgodschild2; 03-19-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 PM

WOW ! WOW ! Logged out for a few hours and look what happened.

Jillnjo / Judith's DQ is just gorgeous and just love that little turtle needlecase.

Donna / Brenda - what beautiful border fabric around your little DQ and I am so envious of that embroidery in the centre - even with a whizz bang embroidery machine I am not sure I could get it to come out that perfect

Moonrise - how lucky are you to get this darling DQ from Moedeenie - the fabrics go so well together. Love the Eat Sleep Quilt pin too - sew cute !
    Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2
    I am glad that you explained what the premier was as I knew the prime minister is something all together different. How nice that you get to participate in something like that.
    Yeah, someone on QB who is in my time zone for once I'll let you know tomorrow whether it was nice or not - a lot of work getting organised for just an hour's visit
    Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 AM

received a lovely dq today from mooretl. i will post a picture soon! my techie dh will once again try to teach me how to post! thanks, deb! love the dog in particular!
    Old 03-20-2012, 03:41 AM

I received a beautiful dq today from Just a Quilter and want to send her a big Thank You! Here is a pic.[ATTACH=CONFIG]321215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]321217[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_0736.jpg   img_0740.jpg  
    Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 AM
    Swap Hosts

Great quilts coming in. Don't forget to thank your partner and leave feedback!
    Old 03-20-2012, 04:19 AM

What a little beauty you have, Sewbeadit!!
    Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
    Lookie what the mail lady brought me today! It's from Moedeenie, and according to the lovely card she sent, it's her first doll quilt! NO WAY! This little quilt is much too AWESOME to be a "first"! I'm very, very impressed, and absolutely LOVE the quilt! The colors are gorgeous, and they even match my sewing room. Check out the "Eat Sleep Quilt" pin she used as an embellishment! How adorable (and true! LOL!) is that? She quilted it with fancy stitches, and even the back side is gorgeous. The workmanship is PERFECT! And what a pretty label! (Since this is a public forum, I edited out her last name in the picture.)

She also sent some a magnetic daisy notepad, a piece of green batik that I'm drooling over , and a nifty packet of tissues.

Thanks so much, Moedeenie! I'm tickled pink with everything! I'm one very lucky swapper to have gotten you as a partner!
    I am so happy that you received and enjoy your little Doll Quilt Moonrise. Yes, this was my first and the quilting was done with the built in decorative stitches in my machine. These machines today are so nifty! The Doll Quilt and matching needle case you made for me are absolutely gorgeous and my pride and joy!!! Thank you Moonrise!

I love checking in each day and seeing all of the beautiful quilts being received! I am so looking forward to our April Doll Quilt Swap!!! Thank you for hosting this fun and creative swap Krystyna!!!