Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-29-2016, 02:03 PM

Wonderful Equigle! I have some of those years old ones myself. Finished one this past weekend, Tee Shirt quilt for Grand daughter. My problem is I am a hand quilter and it takes a while I had several hanging in the close already sandwiched so have pulled another of those out and have made some good progress on it. You girls are all so inspiring I HAVE to make myself try to keep up. I am having knee surgery sometime in the next month or two so I anticipate a lot of recovery time sitting. Needless to say I'll have plenty to do during that time. I will get a few more sandwiched and ready for my flying needle. Hope my finishes are as great as the ones I've seen of all yours.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:13 PM

Krystyna, so good to see you in the UFO challenge. Have been away from the board for a long time and thought this would be a good way to get back in the saddle. Loved the black and white modern.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Great finish Equigle. Doesn't it feel good to get a UFO done
It feels great!
Old 01-29-2016, 08:54 PM

First, sending get well wishes for our Engineer Janice. Then Toots of the horn for the latest finishes. I really like the 'Daughter' one and think a simple wavy design on the borders of each block would be enough. I think the quotes should be the main focus of the quilt. (Just my opinion.) Kudos on everyone's working so hard to get things done by end of month. I WILL have my baby quilt done by end of February because I certainly won't have it done by Sunday! Watching movies with CC on cuts into my quilting time in the evenings. The old movies we can understand just fine...just the new ones and the actors mumbling and the loud background music make it hard to understand. Bummer getting older!
Old 01-30-2016, 05:47 AM

Got a tote done yesterday that I have wanted for a long time. I used one and a half inch strips. It's 20 by 18.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:40 AM

OMGosh, it feels like an eternity since I've posted. I'm back with the living now and so will work on your tally and there are plenty of Toot Toots a-coming! Nice to see that the train has been rolling along nicely and there are new passengers.

Thank you for being patient with me!
Old 01-30-2016, 06:44 AM

Glad you are feeling better Janice.

The star flower has 120 pieces just in the corner sashing. No wonder it feels like I'll never get done. But it will be pretty.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:26 AM

Good morning everyone! To those that are sick, having surgery, getting over a surgery, happy thoughts to you. I felt bad cause I did not have a finish this month but since I have had a "talking too" I don't feel bad. Gotta get my priorities in order here!
Congratulations to those that have finished their project or project. You all are an inspiration! The finishes are all so beautiful.
Janice, glad to see that you are feeling better.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:23 AM

Default About 1 and a half days left!!!

Hello again there passengers on this swiftly rolling train. I knew I'd missed some posts and some finishes, but after reviewing this week, good heavens, what a week it has been!

First of all, welcome to our new posters, Krystyna, cjscrapper, SuziSew and countrymaid. I hope you enjoy yourselves here and find some inspiration to finish some of your UFOs that are languishing in dark corners, inside cabinets or even jammed in a box somewhere. Pull them out and show them the light of day! They all want to be "real" quilts (or tablerunners, or totes, or wallhangings or whatever) so pick one and start with one stitch.

This week so far we've had finishes by Krystyna, letawellman, AnokaQuilter, BeckyW and Equigle5. Have I missed anyone? I've had about 75 posts to review so I might have missed something. I'll give the January tally Monday morning as we still have about 36 hours to make a finish happen. (I've STILL got a chance to finish my binding. We'll see.)

Krystyna, what can be said about 14 UFO finishes except show us pix! Toot, Toot!!!
Letawellman, your whole clothes are gorgeous! Toot, Toot!!!
AnokaQuilter, love the black and white. Toot, Toot!!!
BeckyW, would enjoy seeing your tote. I've got a pattern I've yet to make so inspire me with a pic please! Toot, Toot!!!
Equigle5, lovely quilt and lovely quilting. Great job! Toot, Toot!!!

That's it for now. I'm off to sit in the sun for a bit, it's a gorgeous GA day. I hope the extra vitamin D peps me up a bit more. I'm still feeling a bit "puny" as a friend likes to say, then maybe my Courthouse Steps will see the needle.

Again, if I've missed anyone, let me know asap. January tally on Monday!!!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE! Good to know this train keeps right on rolling and gaining speed.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-30-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:17 PM

Good job Equigle!

Rob