Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016) >
  • Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

• Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Old 10-27-2016, 05:43 PM

Thank you TRF. I knew the minute I saw the red print that it was perfect for this round. It is simple but simple is not a bad thing. I also like the solid green on ROS center. I was the one who turned the center on point and added the pieced border. The plain one next is perfect for it.
    Old 10-27-2016, 11:05 PM

Just like to say sorry for the delay...And I Appreciate Your Understanding...I have set up a sewing area here at my dad's just a few days ago. Been so busy running around trying to get everything put into my name so it won't have to go into probate.
    Old 10-27-2016, 11:07 PM

So much beautiful work on these tops great job ladies. ...
    Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 PM

Thanks ladies I was worried the plain green border was to blah next to the outstanding boarder piecing you guys do. Almost felt like I was cheating.
    Old 10-29-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
    Thank you. I have a hard time working with plaid or a print unless I can cut it straight. The dressmaker in me wants the plaids to match and be cut straight and don't let me get started on stripes..... It is a simple border and I hope no one is disapointed that I didn't do more but anything I tired was way too busy for this quilt. I am a good seamstress and I can do more but I try to do what I think accents and not competes with the earlier rounds.
    maryb119, I think your border is absolutely perfect for the quilt. Like you, I think this isn't about showcasing my own skills, but trying to return a quilt to the owner that ultimately looks like one person did the whole thing because each round complements the others. Your round pulls the quilt together. Love it!!!
    Old 10-29-2016, 03:56 PM

I love my top I feel so guilty not doing my last to rounds. My father is a hand full it's hard to get out and go shopping. Heck seems like every time I get ready to sew he wants me to do something for him. But I love him and I think this time we have together was meant to be cause my father and I wasn't as close as I was with my mom. Maybe it's gods way for us to mend our hearts before the Lord takes him home.
    Old 10-30-2016, 03:06 PM

Hello all,
    I am finally home! My DH and I had a wonderful time on our anniversary vacation and it was so hard to leave the mountains. Once a mountain girl always a mountain girl. Time to get back on the workhorse as much as I hate to do it.

Are we mailing 4th round this week or next?
    Old 10-31-2016, 03:44 PM

Originally, we were going to give it 4 weeks sewing time, and mail on Nov. 13. It's great seeing the pictures coming of your sewing! It looks like a monthly sewing time was a good estimate for most of us who joined. :-)

But we had a late mailer of the 3rd round, so that round for that quilt top still needs to be completed, then mailed, then have it's 4th round added. Because of it, we will give another week for the mailing of the 4th round (the 52" quilt top). We should mail the 4th round during the week that begins Nov. 20.

If you want, please check the group album, and plan ahead for what you might like to add for the quilt top you will be receiving for the sewing the 5th round. Maybe we can get that last round mailed before Christmas! :-)

Last edited by givio; 10-31-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    Old 10-31-2016, 04:31 PM

Just letting you know I mail off two unfinished rounds to Trisha. ...Sorry I wasn't able to do my part. ....
    Old 10-31-2016, 11:56 PM

Lv2sew2011 don't you fret about it. We aren't going to lash you with wet noodles. You'll be checking out the photos when you can and hopefully, you'll find a little time to sew.