Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Sandy, is your surgery Monday or Tuesday? I hope all goes quick and smoothly for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Hi Ladies,
I'm just checking in. I had a horrible day (well, later afternoon) today. :-(. By the time I was on my way home from work, my stomach starting killing me. I'm not one who gets stomach issues often. After trying to throw-up just to get it over with, I collapsed in bed for 3 hours and woke to the same intense pain. I ran to Walgreens and the pharmacy tech recommended an OTC med for me, which thankfully worked. I get stomach issues so little I seriously thought I was heading to the ER the pain was so intense. Needless to say this medicine will have a permanent home on my medicine shelf - and up at my mom's in case it ever happens again.

I was able to get most of the squares signed at work today and had planned on finishing piecing the blocks tonight for the quilt for my boss, but my stomach said otherwise. Now that I'm feeling better, I hope to do a little sewing before going to bed for the night.

On the bright (diet) side, that means I didn't have to eat supper :-).

Wishing y'all a great weekend!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM

Sandy, may God keep you in his hands.

QBquilts, what type of medication did they recommend? (I hope you don't mind me asking.) It may be good to have a bottle on hand?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 PM

Hi: Like a lot of you, I just got through all the messages and feel that I am beginning to recognize you. I hate to hear all the sadness and will try to remember you in my prayers. In don't know what is happening, but in all my years, I don't think I have seen so much happiness in the entire world at one time.

Back to our dieting. You have mentiioned a few recipies that sounded pretty good. I am a night person who usually has dinner about 7:00 PM. I crave some kind of snacks before I go to bed at 2:00 AM. Any suggestons??????? This is where I fight the temptation of a LITTLE dish of ice cream. Thanks for any answers.
Duvet
Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 PM

Reading over my note,I saw some errors. "I have never seen so much unhappiness in the entire world". Very important I make at least that correction. I am including myself with the sadness. My only consolation is my planned trip to Hawaii the 23rd of April with my son and daughter-in-law.
Duvet
Old 04-09-2011, 03:20 AM

I haven't posted much since I joined but will get better about posting. It seems like there is so much sickness and sorrow out there. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. As for my diet I've only lost 1 1/2 pounds so far this month. I haven't been exercising though so I'm sure that would help. A friend of mine asked me to go to water aerobics with her so we are going on Wed. I hope I like it then I'll keep going. My hubby said he would walk with me but we've had so much rain over the last two weeks that I haven't made it out to walk. Well think about positive things and try to think happy. God Bless!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Duvet
Hi: Like a lot of you, I just got through all the messages and feel that I am beginning to recognize you. I hate to hear all the sadness and will try to remember you in my prayers. In don't know what is happening, but in all my years, I don't think I have seen so much happiness in the entire world at one time.

Back to our dieting. You have mentiioned a few recipies that sounded pretty good. I am a night person who usually has dinner about 7:00 PM. I crave some kind of snacks before I go to bed at 2:00 AM. Any suggestons??????? This is where I fight the temptation of a LITTLE dish of ice cream. Thanks for any answers.
Duvet
Popcorn without butter, pretzels, dark chocolate, cut up fruit or vegatables, I have about 10 plain m&ms or gummi bears.

Avoid fruit juice, chips, crackers, cheese or most processed foods. Most cheese has over a 100 calories for a piece about the size of a set of dice.

Enjoy your vacation.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:32 AM

It's been a week--how's everyone doing? Can I brag? I lost 4 lbs!!!!Yay me! I think it was because of all your suggestions-upped my calorie count and added veggies. I know it's only 1 week but I'm happy. I also feel you looking over my shoulder when I'm tempted to cheat LOL!

Thank you all and keep on losing!!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by janRN
It's been a week--how's everyone doing? Can I brag? I lost 4 lbs!!!!Yay me! I think it was because of all your suggestions-upped my calorie count and added veggies. I know it's only 1 week but I'm happy. I also feel you looking over my shoulder when I'm tempted to cheat LOL!

Thank you all and keep on losing!!
Jan that's great. I'm doing the happy dance for you!!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:00 AM

I should go stay with my daughter for a month, she is a health exercising nut and even offered to be my personal trainer LOL. Scares me!!!