September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Trying to behave myself, but I cannot.

So, as I was catching up and reading all the stuff about allergies, I noticed that no one was allergic to rattle snakes or spiders... :mrgreen:

Now where are my traps and nets ...
Krystyna, Krystyna, I have missed you so much. Can you bring your traps and nets here - some idiot wants to set up a snake centre in the middle of town - we only have one native snake, the adder, and a pseudo snake - the grass snake.

We need you! ;)

Hmmm I got loads of water here too, in the sink, in the toilet, in the shower and in the washing machine. There was some in the kettle but we drank it!
Sorry to say, I am actually terrified of snakes, all reptiles and spiders, too. Not too fond of worms either, but a necessary evil both in the garden and on the end of a fishing hook.

Off to pick up that fabric and four looms. What the heck am I going to do with four looms???
Old 09-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Well, it is a good thing I have finished shopping for my SP. I have a 6" blood clot in my leg. It is in the Saphonas vein so it is OK just really painful. I just have to stay off of my feet and that's no fun. I have lots to do. MY package goes out Tuesday. Thank goodness I print postage at home and my mail lady will pick it up. I made a mug rug for you last week. I got lucky as I used your favorite color. As for clues......my SP lives in the same time zone as me and sits right on the state line. No more clues for now Hehe! Hope you are good at guessing.
Is it me? I am definately right on the state line! And in the same time zone, too! I am also near a bunch of water in someone's earlier hint.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by thomp116
Hooray! I have my pal! And it is someone whose avatar I've been admiring for quite a while!
As in admiring a quilt or a scene, I wonder.
Hmmm thinking back to a conversation just after this thread started.........coming up with ideas, but won't let the cat out of the bag for you!
Awwwww man, now I have to check out the older posts 'cause you know I can't remember back that far!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation
Here's the only clue I'll be giving, #0113 6016 0200 9425 4891 (and I think I may be dyslexic when it comes to numbers... hehee)
Foo. Not in the system yet.
I think she is tricking us by changing the #'s around.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:35 PM

Went to quilt show in Harrogate and picked up a few things for my SP. Was determined to stick to my list of things that I needed (I DONT need fabric) Managed to get all the things that I needed fairly quickly. Then i looked at the magnificent quilts on display; then i took part in an Invisible machine applique workshop (fabulous) but then I still had two hours to kill til the bus was going to leave so what could I do???? I really didn't buy that much fabric honest.

Will be making something for my Sp tomorrow and then will need some sweets and can send out on Monday, am going to see if I can come up with some useful clues without giving the game away too early.

Eileen
Old 09-03-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
My box is packed and ready to be shipped on Monday. It will be heading south east of me! :D
It could be for me as I am south of you.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:39 PM

Here ia a note I got from wandercreek, she said it was ok to share with all of you.

Hi Lori,
Sorry that I have been out of touch for so long but things have not been going well with my mom. They have told us 4 times now to have the family get to the hospital as she won't make it through the night and then she does better for a few days. I have been at the hospital constantly since she was admitted and when not there I have been at my dad's house. He is taking this very hard and I am afraid I am going to lose both of them in a very short period of time. My dad has always had someone to look after him, first his mom and then my mom and can't look after himself. He can't cook or anything and since I am the only one not working it is all up to me. My sister finally agreed to help out so that I could come home for the weekend and see my daughter and grandson and get some stuff done at my house. My daughter called me yesterday and said I received 2 packages in the mail and was very surprised when I came home today and opened them. One was from an angel (Koko) and the other was from my secret pal for July (Tussy Mussy). It took forever but finally arrived although the packaging was a little damaged and it had been put into a clear bag by the po! Maybe that is why it took so long to get here. Now I am concerned that I received a package from an angel and also received my original package. I will be sending them both emails shortly and am trying to find my camera so that I can take pictures. What should I do about the angel package since my original package did show up? I'll tell you it was a wonderful way to get a little cheer in what has been a very trying time for me. I have not touched my quilting since the end of June with moving and it may be some time before I can get back to it with what is going on with my parents and I really miss it. Please let me know what to do about the second package. Thanks so much for your understanding,
Rose
Old 09-03-2011, 01:39 PM

Seriously, I should be locked up and kept away from the computer and my car and probably my phone, too.

I am sitting in my studio with my littlest dog, happily sewing for the doll quilt swap and answering emails in between blocks. I can't really leave since hubby is finishing the last bit of the floor right outside my door. Remember, this new floor is part of my decluttering and destashing. MAJOR decluttering and destashing.

So someone just picked up a yogurt maker I put on freecycle. I logged on to mark it as taken. And then I posted that I had some gallon jugs to use as secondary fermenters for wine making or to make terrariums. So far, so good.

THEN I looked at the recent offers and what do I see but someone who is offering FOUR looms of various sizes, and several large bags of ... are you ready??? FABRIC!!!!!

So I responded and now I have to go pick them up.

What is wrong with me???

Well, she did say QUILTERS COTTON FABRIC. How could I resist? And Christmas fabric ...

LOCK ME AWAY!!!! I am a fabric hoarder! :oops:
I'm jealous.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
Originally Posted by fayzer
Well, it is a good thing I have finished shopping for my SP. I have a 6" blood clot in my leg. It is in the Saphonas vein so it is OK just really painful. I just have to stay off of my feet and that's no fun. I have lots to do. MY package goes out Tuesday. Thank goodness I print postage at home and my mail lady will pick it up. I made a mug rug for you last week. I got lucky as I used your favorite color. As for clues......my SP lives in the same time zone as me and sits right on the state line. No more clues for now Hehe! Hope you are good at guessing.
Is it me? I am definately right on the state line! And in the same time zone, too! I am also near a bunch of water in someone's earlier hint.
Ok Kris my clue about the water wasn't for you. We are in September now not August. I had you last month...lol That counts as my new clue you all now know who it isn't...lol
Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 PM

I went shopping today for my SP. I picked up a couple of things for her. I also got her a package of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I hope she likes them.