Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-09-2011, 06:27 AM

Duvet I too will pray for those here on the board who are facing difficulties and health issues. I certainly can relate. I'm in very poor health and very overweight and can't seem to find the energy to clear off the table so I can start on a new project.

It can get very depressing for me but then last night as I was trying to go to sleep I ran a gratitude checklist in my mind and I felt very blessed. And that doesn't mean that I don't have some heavy heartaches but in order to get past them I've got to look at the whole picture.

As far as the weight loss challenge goes, it's been a rough start and to be honest I already bought a very pretty fat quarter for the winner. Hopefully, I will be ready to participate in the next weight loss challenge but what I realize is April will be devoted to getting ready for the challenge.

I have got to get the mess I live in organized. I simply cannot function any longer living in such a stressful environment. The clutter is driving me up a wall. I have so many things to give to charity and yet I find I can't let go of them. I made the first step yesterday when I gave some of my skirts to a friend. She tried them on and looked so nice in them and it did my heart good. That's what I have to think of when I put each item in a bag for the charity truck.

I know I can keep a tidy house if I have a place to put everything and I also know I could get rid of 50% of my belongings without missing them. How many mixing bowls and screwdrivers do I need?

There have been a few times in my life when I've had everything in order and in it's place and I felt like I was floating on air. And I actually started losing weight because I kept so busy just having a good time and getting things done. In addition to floating on air I felt that I had a tremendous amount of energy.

So this month I'll be getting ready to participate in next months weight loss challenge. Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have got big fat lip the morning. Tru punched me last night because I stuck a piece of chocolate in my mouth. Talk about extreme dieting!! LOL!!

Actually little man decided to jump as I was leaning over to pick him up and jammed my lower lip into my top teeth. I was bleeding all over the place. I already have large lips but my bottom lip is doubled in size. I'm laughing about it now but boy was I mad last night.

Thought I would give you all a giggle today. :-)
Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Banned

Carrie it serves you right for making fun of my big tata's the other day now we could make fun of your big lip. As I said I believe it was yesterday paybacks a bi**hI didn't have to pay you back little man did it for me. hahaha!!!!!!

Talking about tata's how could I have lost almost 40lb and no change in bra size. My tata's are still HUGE!!!!!! it doesn't seem possible. I started wearing a 36DD and I still wear a 36DD
Old 04-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Carrie it serves you right for making fun of my big tata's the other day now we could make fun of your big lip. As I said I believe it was yesterday paybacks a bi**hI didn't have to pay you back little man did it for me. hahaha!!!!!!

Talking about tata's how could I have lost almost 40lb and no change in bra size. My tata's are still HUGE!!!!!! it doesn't seem possible. I started wearing a 36DD and I still wear a 36DD
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Sandy, may God keep you in his hands.

QBquilts, what type of medication did they recommend? (I hope you don't mind me asking.) It may be good to have a bottle on hand?
It's a generic. It's called Walgreens Nausea Control. I'm not sure what the name brand would be. Here's a link to the Walgreens site for it: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wal...008557-product
Old 04-09-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Hi Ladies,
I'm just checking in. I had a horrible day (well, later afternoon) today. :-(. By the time I was on my way home from work, my stomach starting killing me. I'm not one who gets stomach issues often. After trying to throw-up just to get it over with, I collapsed in bed for 3 hours and woke to the same intense pain. I ran to Walgreens and the pharmacy tech recommended an OTC med for me, which thankfully worked. I get stomach issues so little I seriously thought I was heading to the ER the pain was so intense. Needless to say this medicine will have a permanent home on my medicine shelf - and up at my mom's in case it ever happens again.

I was able to get most of the squares signed at work today and had planned on finishing piecing the blocks tonight for the quilt for my boss, but my stomach said otherwise. Now that I'm feeling better, I hope to do a little sewing before going to bed for the night.

On the bright (diet) side, that means I didn't have to eat supper :-).

Wishing y'all a great weekend!
So sorry you were feeling bad but there is always a bright side. No dinner. :)
Old 04-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
It's been a week--how's everyone doing? Can I brag? I lost 4 lbs!!!!Yay me! I think it was because of all your suggestions-upped my calorie count and added veggies. I know it's only 1 week but I'm happy. I also feel you looking over my shoulder when I'm tempted to cheat LOL!

Thank you all and keep on losing!!
YEA for you!!!! 4 pounds a giant!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Alright enough of the bragging about big tata's. Not fair for us who have small ones.
My tata's are the first place I lose weight. My beautiful DIL is "very" endowed and shows them off all the time.
I am lucky to fill a size B. Not fair.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Rie

Darn I missed this one maybe next time. I wish you all luck with your adventure.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Rie

Originally Posted by Radiana
So this month I'll be getting ready to participate in next months weight loss challenge. Good luck to everyone.
You are a good friend. Its hard to give up things but you can do it. One piece . . . one bag at a time. You will be successful. Just keep moving forward.