Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-09-2011, 12:09 PM

The way I decluttered my house is I went through each room and I vowed to remove one item from the room to donate. Once I started getting rid of a few things it was easier to get rid of more. It's funny how attached I had become to "things."

I still have a lot of clutter, but I go through it every so often to pare it down.

I think losing weight helped, as I shed pounds and started to get rid of non fitting clothing, I also got rid of others things that were weighing me down.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Carrie it serves you right for making fun of my big tata's the other day now we could make fun of your big lip. As I said I believe it was yesterday paybacks a bi**hI didn't have to pay you back little man did it for me. hahaha!!!!!!

Talking about tata's how could I have lost almost 40lb and no change in bra size. My tata's are still HUGE!!!!!! it doesn't seem possible. I started wearing a 36DD and I still wear a 36DD
Alright enough of the bragging about big tata's. Not fair for us who have small ones.
My tata's are the first place I lose weight. My beautiful DIL is "very" endowed and shows them off all the time.
I am lucky to fill a size B. Not fair.
Too bad we can't be like my dgd who is 12 and still growing...
She starts to gain weight and her little tata's start showing... out come the trainers... then she starts growing in height and her tata's disappear... ha ha You can really see the diff... it's too funny
Old 04-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by coolcat
I just saw this and I think it is a marvelous idea. It is already a little over a week into it but count me in and I will start right now.
The way I understand it is at the end of the month we will send the 1 winner a fat quarter?
Will we also do this for May? If we do, maybe I will have a chance, but even if I lose a few lbs I will be a winner to myself.
Help me, please. I do need to shed many pounds!!!
I am sorry but we have a cut off date so you will have to wait until May to join. However you can follow along and comment until then.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Carrie it serves you right for making fun of my big tata's the other day now we could make fun of your big lip. As I said I believe it was yesterday paybacks a bi**hI didn't have to pay you back little man did it for me. hahaha!!!!!!

Talking about tata's how could I have lost almost 40lb and no change in bra size. My tata's are still HUGE!!!!!! it doesn't seem possible. I started wearing a 36DD and I still wear a 36DD
Alright enough of the bragging about big tata's. Not fair for us who have small ones.
My tata's are the first place I lose weight. My beautiful DIL is "very" endowed and shows them off all the time.
I am lucky to fill a size B. Not fair.
Too bad we can't be like my dgd who is 12 and still growing...
She starts to gain weight and her little tata's start showing... out come the trainers... then she starts growing in height and her tata's disappear... ha ha You can really see the diff... it's too funny
When I was that age I was wishing it on, now I am wishing it off!! It didn't work the first time, don't know why I think it would now!! LOL
Old 04-09-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose

I can't spend any time on the board for the next few weeks. My grandson is being deployed to B'rhan and I want to make him a quilt to take with him. As a relatively new quilter, I am not speedy, especially making stars.
Will add your grandson to my prayer list. We want to see photos of his finished quilt! He will treasure your gift.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Lynne, you are such a sweetheart. I appreciate your thoughts and well wishes. I know I will be fine. As I said, I'm ready to get this over with and get rid of this pain. I hope you have a good weekend, my friend. Hugs, Sany
Sandy, have you given any thought to meal planning when you return from the hospital? Does your procedure include stay at a rehab hospital?

Thinkin of ya girlie!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Duvet
My only consolation is my planned trip to Hawaii the 23rd of April with my son and daughter-in-law.
Duvet
WooHoo, which island/s and for how many days?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
I haven't posted much since I joined but will get better about posting. It seems like there is so much sickness and sorrow out there. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. As for my diet I've only lost 1 1/2 pounds so far this month. I haven't been exercising though so I'm sure that would help. A friend of mine asked me to go to water aerobics with her so we are going on Wed. I hope I like it then I'll keep going. My hubby said he would walk with me but we've had so much rain over the last two weeks that I haven't made it out to walk. Well think about positive things and try to think happy. God Bless!
Jeanne, I think a loss is a loss is a loss. Good job. I wish we had your rain. We are more than 6" down for the year - not counting the prior two years that have kept us in a drought. It is also good for washing away the pollen.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
It's been a week--how's everyone doing? Can I brag? I lost 4 lbs!!!!Yay me! I think it was because of all your suggestions-upped my calorie count and added veggies. I know it's only 1 week but I'm happy. I also feel you looking over my shoulder when I'm tempted to cheat LOL!

Thank you all and keep on losing!!
Congrats Jan on the 4# - that is so awesome. Remember that you only cheat yourself when you get off course.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by be a quilter
I should go stay with my daughter for a month, she is a health exercising nut and even offered to be my personal trainer LOL. Scares me!!!
I think that about my brother, who is a personal trainer and has a body to match. He is brutal.