Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Radiana

It can get very depressing for me but then last night as I was trying to go to sleep I ran a gratitude checklist in my mind and I felt very blessed.

I have got to get the mess I live in organized. I simply cannot function any longer living in such a stressful environment.

There have been a few times in my life when I've had everything in order and in it's place and I felt like I was floating on air. And I actually started losing weight because I kept so busy just having a good time and getting things done. In addition to floating on air I felt that I had a tremendous amount of energy.

So this month I'll be getting ready to participate in next months weight loss challenge. Good luck to everyone.
Radiana, you are so on target to not lose sight of the bigger picture. I can lose my bearings when I get trapped in "the moment". Are you getting enough sunshine? Vitamin D deficiencies can cause depression. I live in the land of 300 days of annual sunshine and my dr still prescribed Vit D.

You have experienced what I read in a book "Does this clutter make my butt look fat?" It made the connection between clutter in your home also showing up in clutter on your body. I think I have also read the same connection with the S.H.E. authors.

I decluttered 2 years ago and could easily do it again today. I have labeled this year "less is best". After my son graduates from high school next year, we plan to move back to the Pacific Northwest and I won't be able to take it all. And with fabric prices at such highs, it would almost be cheaper to ship what I can't take with me.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Sandy, may God keep you in his hands.

QBquilts, what type of medication did they recommend? (I hope you don't mind me asking.) It may be good to have a bottle on hand?
It's a generic. It's called Walgreens Nausea Control. I'm not sure what the name brand would be. Here's a link to the Walgreens site for it: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wal...008557-product
QB, I used to keep something called Emetrol, but it is getting impossible to find. Can't even find a generic - thanks for sharing this.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by janRN

Sorry this is so long--I'm typing instead of snacking!!
I'm so talented I've learned to do both!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:58 PM

I got good news today. Had a mammogram Thursday which I have been dreading after last years scare which prompted double stereotactic biopsies. Those results showed no evidence of malignancy.

Already got the results which are NORMAL. God is good.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:07 PM

Missy I must try and find this craft book I bought several years ago brcause it was all crafts made with bras, girtles, and corsets. Its very funny but really had some good items. Thet had several styles of purse made with bras using the cups, straps and front closurers. Some you would even be willing to carry. Thet covered whites and beiges with fabric or tie dyed them. They added deco items. Sounds like you could make some totes if they will hold watermelons. Think of it as going green and losing weight at the same time, make them into bags , take to store to save on plastic, then laugh your a.. knowing what they are made of.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:53 PM

I love your idea of charity quilts for unwed moms shelter. I've never bought fabric at fabric.com. It's good of them to make it right for you. Have you bought from them before? Good luck on the quilts. I'll bet they're awsome!
Linda

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Linda-in-iowa
tru, what's your next quilt look like?
I am still working on my future D-I-L birthday quilt however every night I work on my Lent project. Charity quilts for the unwed moms shelter. I was disappointed yesterday as the fabric I bought at fabric.com said 100% it wasn't it. I called them and they said they were sorry. They had thousands of shirting and it was all listed wrong. I won't use it they will take it back so now I have to figure out fabric. I think I have enough for 4 more but they are all girly looking I wanted 1/2 girl 1/2 boy, thats not happening.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Hi, I so far are two pounds more than I did yesterday and I haven't cheated or go off the program. I was ready to quit and get back to normal food but then I reconsidered and thought healthy wins today.

For the lady who is depressed about things in general, I too, think you should look into some counseling. Depression is not fun but there is help for it to make more manageable.

For those who have sling shots, think of me with 54 G's. Makes my back hurt. Now you know why I am wearing my gown right now. (Too much informations I guess,. LOL)
Old 04-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I stepped on the scale tonight and I lost 1 pound. I have really got back to being serious about losing this weight.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Lynne, I'm glad, and know you are relieved, to get a good mammogram report. Hubby and I have done meal planning for once I'm home. He will take good care of me. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Carrie, woo hoo for losing that lb and getting yourself back in gear for losing weight. Remember...you are the one that got me going again. I'm proud of you for your overall loss and keeping it off. Hang in there, girl, I'm with you. We can and we will do this!!!

Okay, tata girls....I only have big ones because I am overweight. My boobs are the 1st place I lose weight. Once all my excess weight is gone, my girls will be gone too. But I don't mind. I will gladlly give up boobs if it goes with losing this weight.
I love the comment someone made the other day about theirs sweeping the ground. haha

I hope you all get a good night's sleep and have a good day tomorrow. Goodnight all. Sandy
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by nevans-nona
I think I will try it. I gained 45 pounds in 6 months after my son was killed and I have not been able to take it back off. I turn 60 in June and I am heartbroken over that fact, because I'm told I don't look my age at all. I will use all the incentives of this board to help me with my goal. I love tuning in every day. Let's get to it!!
I am sorry for your loss! I can relate, I gained my weight after my son died also. It is time to get it off!!