Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by SWChick
Tru what are we to do with you. You give so much of yourself to others and you are so loved by people on this board. You were one of the reasons I joined, just reading your posts. This week, starting today is your be kind to Tru Week. You are to put yourself first, doing something nice for youself like a bubble bath, a facial, read a book you've been wanting to read, just relax. Love yourself this week if for no other reason but the fact that we love you and need your joking around.
I think that's exactly what Tru needs to do.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I stepped on the scale tonight and I lost 1 pound. I have really got back to being serious about losing this weight.
CJ,
I knew you would. It is all a mind set and you are doing it!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:29 AM

I made it through another Sunday! Praise the Lord! Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Tru - I agree with the others, you need to be kinder to yourself. My prayers are with you. Remember today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
I made it through another Sunday! Praise the Lord! Thanks for all your prayers and support.
Very good news! Stay strong.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 AM

Jeanne great job avoiding the goodies at church.

Tru, what are we going to do with you? You know you are so loved and needed by so many, most of us you don't even know. I also signed up again for this challenge because of you. You make it fun and keep me on my toes. Just read an article about dieting (if I lost a pound for every article I read I'd be 90 lbs) but one point was: just diet today; just eat right today; just take care of yourself today. Then do the same thing the next day, and next, etc., until it becomes a habit. Sound like AA's 12-step approach but it's worth a try.
You are loved, you are needed. Tomorrow is a healthy diet day.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 AM

I wish I could claim this morning weigh in as mine, down 2#, but I was sick all last night and I'm sure losing everything from my toes to my nose is a factor.

On a positive note, except for last night on my ripped tummy, I have not had a Dr Pepper since Monday. I couldn't get half that one down last night...my stomach could not handle it.

Sandy, I really needed that good report after last years procedures. Just think, this time next week you will be on the road to recovery.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
My heart goes out to all who have lost a child. I was lucky my daughter didn't physically die however I mourn the loss of the person she was before her injury.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
I am sorry to hear that! I am sure God has a plan for her though, He can take any situation and use it for good.
There is much heartache in this world, that is one of the things that is so great about this site, it is full of encouragement and support!!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:17 AM

Tru, Forget it, it's over, you can't change it, so forget it. Start fresh tomorrow. Forgive youself, put it aside and smile. You are only allowed to dwell on happy thoughts!! Besides, if you don't lose weight, I am going to whoop your butt with my weight loss!!!!! LOL :D :thumbup: :D :-D
Old 04-10-2011, 11:31 AM

Congrats to all who made it though coffee hour without snacking. I had a small Rice Krispies treat, which is allowable for me. Now back to a potluck tonight. G-r-r.

I dropped into a 'new' decade today, but we can't celebrate this one - we already did before my run in with steroids. A love/hate relationship - love the healing that they facilitate, hate the weight gain. Carrie, let's hope we both have them out of our system and can get on track - right now - not tomorrow.

Back to the quilt. Why did I try to make up a pattern when I'm in a hurry? Because I've made so few quilts I haven't any to repeat. I'll get it figured out. Setting on point changes so much and putting stars in the sashing is interesting, too. Never let it be said I backed down from a challenge and this is a challenge for me.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
I wish I could claim this morning weigh in as mine, down 2#, but I was sick all last night and I'm sure losing everything from my toes to my nose is a factor.

On a positive note, except for last night on my ripped tummy, I have not had a Dr Pepper since Monday. I couldn't get half that one down last night...my stomach could not handle it.

Sandy, I really needed that good report after last years procedures. Just think, this time next week you will be on the road to recovery.

Hey Leann a loss is a loss take it and smile.
CONGRATULATIONS