Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Banned

I thought I was the only one who hasn't been here today. I see it has been pretty quiet. Thank you all for your kind words.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:49 PM

I've been laying low all weekend. I got to sew yesterday, but today I've had a headache all day so I've done absolutely nothing.

Sandy, you and your surgery are in my prayers.

Tru, this should definitely be "be kind to Tru" week. I will mail your book Tuesday, as that is payday.

Jeanne, congrats on your loss and on your fortitude today. Small changes add up.

JanRN, 4# is a fabulous loss! I am so thrilled for you.

Radiana, you and I must be "clutter sisters". I have the same issues and situation. I make myself do SOMETHING for 15 minutes each day, if I don't I will sleep for hours.

Leann, I am so happy for your positive mammogram. That is a blessing.

Jolly, you have had great success this month...Keep on going! Don't give up now.

Carrie, Woo!Hoo! on your pound. You are moving in the right direction.

Pat in CA, thank you for your love and well wishes. I think of you often, mostly when YOU are asleep! LOL!

Missy, I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I've thought of you and your new "friend" and hoped it went well.

CarolJ, I am going through the "starvation" mode with you. I hate it, I am constantly thinking of food. And, Lord, help me when a commercial comes on tv.

Irish, good luck at the potluck tonight. I usually bring something very good for my diet and load up on my own casserole.

I once new a man that was told to lose 150 pounds, so he did! He just turned his eating habits around and didn't veer off the path. It took him about 2 years, and he lost slow and steady. He has kept it off 20 years.

That is my plan. Slow and steady, consistent. Food is not my friend, it is just another thing I have to do to keep my body going. You are my friends. Quilting is my satisfaction and serenity.

We are supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow. If we do, I'll reschedule my doc's apptmt as I drive 100 miles each way for the visit.

Hugs to you all.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:28 PM

I did take something reasonable to the potluck. Sauerkraut, apples, onions and low fat smoked sausage baked together. Sounds terrible but it disappeared very quickly. I also took a dish of cut up cantaloupe to get rid of it. I try to eat the stuff, but rarely succeed so it's out of the house.

MJ, sorry you're having a headache. I hate those. I have a doctor app't Tuesday out of town. I have fought my PCP and my orthopedic doctor for years about seeing a rheumatologist. I gave up and let my PCP make an app't for me. I hate the thought of a rheumatologist because they can be such pill/shot pushers and some of the heavy stuff has such terrible side effects.

I hope the weather straightens for both of us. In the last 24 hours we've had 30 degrees, 73 degrees, hail, heavy rains, sunshine and tornado warnings. Spring in the North country.

If the truth be known, how many of us have house clutter to go with our body clutter? Count me as one. I kept my house too clean and clutter free all my life, now I have trouble with too much clutter. There's more stuff in my house now than there was with a husband and five children. 15 minutes a day? Will I live long enough to see it looking good at that rate?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:12 AM

Radiana: I had to read your message twice and check you name. You sounded so much like myself. I think I go around the house at least once a day saying all the things you did. In fact, I worked on a box of papers today and yesterday, and gave myself a pat on the back for that. But, like you, there are the clothes, dishes, pots, etc. etc. I am going to get into my closet in picking out the clothes that I will be taking with me on vacation. Anything that doesn't fit is GOING, even if I am trying to lose some pounds now. I always have an excuse not to get the job done. Let's work on this thing together.
Duvet
Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 AM

My prayers to everyone fighting weather. In Moms part of the state, they are closing schools because of the wildfires.

MJ, hope that headache is gone this morning.

Sandy, thinking of you today.

Irish, I am to the point where lots has to go. Can't blame it on hubby, 99% of it is mine. I've read a good practice is to get rid of something when something new comes in. I'm quilting just as fast as I can!

Today I plan to whip down the binding on GGMs quilt. Have gotten lots of ideas on the Board about my label - it will be the only machine stitching, and big enough to hold left over pieces.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:35 AM

I'm staying in today and rescheduling doc for Wednesday. I had a severe insulin reaction last night at midnight. I believe it dropped to below 50, I don't know for sure as I was too crazy to check. When I finally had the sense to eat, I had 4 cupcakes, 6 cookies, and 2 candy bars. Then I checked and it was only 104. That means it was dangerously low.

This morning it is at 200, which is to be expected. Another close call...

Sandy, my lips are praying for you now.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I'm staying in today and rescheduling doc for Wednesday. I had a severe insulin reaction last night at midnight. I believe it dropped to below 50, I don't know for sure as I was too crazy to check. When I finally had the sense to eat, I had 4 cupcakes, 6 cookies, and 2 candy bars. Then I checked and it was only 104. That means it was dangerously low.

This morning it is at 200, which is to be expected. Another close call...

Sandy, my lips are praying for you now.
I'm diabetic to and I know how close that was. My doc told me to keep marshmellows in the house for just such a situation. They are pure sugar and disolve into your system faster than regular food. Hope you feel better today. God Bless!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

MJ that is scary. I know many who live with diabetes, they are mostly Aunts and I know if I dont get the weight under control then I could very be added to that list. That's why I started to lose weigh in the first place. I gotta get my mind set back on my health.

Focus, focus, focus. Gotta get it done.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Leann
Irish, I am to the point where lots has to go. Can't blame it on hubby, 99% of it is mine. I've read a good practice is to get rid of something when something new comes in. I'm quilting just as fast as I can!

Have a wonderful day everyone.
I have had to do this with my DH when it comes to shoes and clothing. How many pairs of shoes does a person need? He doesn't even wear half of them. But I will admit that I am a bit of a pack rat but I have no problem getting rid of stuff. Everyonce in a while I go thru and do a clean sweep and head off to the thrift shop to drop a load off. It always feels so good to do that.
You ladies can do it. Just think of the exercise you get while decluttering.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

Funny story to tell you all.
About 20' from my back porch we have a beautiful tree line with an over grown field on the other side. Well we get deer, wild turkey's, o'possums raccoons and assorted birds in tree line.
Well last night I was sitting out back after dark and I hear this crunching noise in the trees and I can tell it's moving around and sounds like a large animal or maybe a person walking.
So I am getting ready to run inside just incase. We can't see in the trees when it's dark but if anything steps out we can clearly see it.
I can tell it's moving towards me and the closer it gets the bigger it sounds. So by now I'm getting ready to jump out of the chair, my heart is starting to pound. But my curiosity has gets the best of me and I sit there waiting because I've got to see what it is.
So I sit and listen. This goes on for about ten minutes then all of a sudden a raccoon comes crawling out and gives me a look that says what are you starring at. He was a good sized one too.
I love the wild life here.
Last summer I had 2 baby possums that I feed because something happened to the mother. I would throw food out at night and they would climb down the tree to eat. I never could get a picture of them. I would watch them from the kitchen window.
I just had to share my excitement.