Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-10-2011, 03:20 AM

O.K. it's Sunday again please pray for me. I love volunteering at church and running the Sunday morning fellowship coffee and snack thing but like I told you last week it's sooooo hard for me not to snack. I didn't snack last week because I knew you were all behind me and praying for me, Thank you so much.

I will be praying for all of you. I know how depression can affect one's eating habits. I'm Bi-polar which means I bounce back and forth between deep depressions and periods of high anxiety and panic attacks. I totally agree with getting a counselor. I've been in therapy and on meds for years but it really helps.

Surgery on Tuesday - you're on my prayer list! Sounds like you have a good hubby to support you. God Bless!

Well I'm off to church, will post my results when I get home.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 AM

I think that about my brother, who is a personal trainer and has a body to match. He is brutal.[/quote]

Yes, they show no mercy!! lol
Old 04-10-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by be a quilter
Originally Posted by nevans-nona
I think I will try it. I gained 45 pounds in 6 months after my son was killed and I have not been able to take it back off. I turn 60 in June and I am heartbroken over that fact, because I'm told I don't look my age at all. I will use all the incentives of this board to help me with my goal. I love tuning in every day. Let's get to it!!
I am sorry for your loss! I can relate, I gained my weight after my son died also. It is time to get it off!!
May peace be with both of you. My son died about ten years ago and I still think of him almost every day.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:45 AM

I'll say prayers for you so you can substain from temptation today at church. I also need prayers. I have been getting days where I feel like I am starving. I am over eating, not to the point where I am bingeing, but I am taking in to many calories.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

JHolm you can get thru the snack table. Remind yourself that just because it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it. Prayers that you can do this.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I'll say prayers for you so you can substain from temptation today at church. I also need prayers. I have been getting days where I feel like I am starving. I am over eating, not to the point where I am bingeing, but I am taking in to many calories.
I know exactly how that feeling like you are starving is horrible. That's how I've been since Jan. and it won't go away.
Monday I will start a new and get back to where I was going with this weight loss.
Hope all have a wonderful Sunday.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:22 AM

May peace be with both of you. My son died about ten years ago and I still think of him almost every day.[/quote]

Also to you Carol. It is something that should not happen, our children are not supposed to die before us.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Banned

My heart goes out to all who have lost a child. I was lucky my daughter didn't physically die however I mourn the loss of the person she was before her injury.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
Old 04-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Banned

Sunday weigh in........I was GOOD most of the week. On Wednesday I weighed just for the heck of it I was 171 HOWEVER I have not been eating like a pig non stop but eating crap since Thursday. A box of cookies, cream cheese and jelly sandwichs I can't even remember what else oh chcoclate, hot cocoa. I PAID for it I am back up to 174.......I am an ass, I am and ass, I am an ass, what the heck is wrong with me. So I eat because I was/am depressed this week. It has been hard I keep getting the picture of the last time I saw my uncle flash through my head then I get sad so what do I do eat crap. There was a pic of Joyce posted on a wed site and her crashed in head sickened me, it looks SO VERY BAD!!!! The picture was from this past week so what did I do I ate more crap. So what good did it do to eat because I was depressed. Today I will eat whatever I want and tomorrow I will dust myself off and start again.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:16 AM

Tru what are we to do with you. You give so much of yourself to others and you are so loved by people on this board. You were one of the reasons I joined, just reading your posts. This week, starting today is your be kind to Tru Week. You are to put yourself first, doing something nice for youself like a bubble bath, a facial, read a book you've been wanting to read, just relax. Love yourself this week if for no other reason but the fact that we love you and need your joking around.