Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-30-2011, 03:29 PM

Good Saturday evening to you all. I haven't seen the news and I hope NO ONE is experiencing damaging weather.

Irish, I loved the quilt for Alex - loved the border. I think I am like you - one bite turns into a hundred. Keep working at it and you will be successful - you know this.

Jan, please don't beat yourself up over 'only 4 pounds'. That is a GREAT accomplishment! I wish I could offer something worthwhile. I think CArol did good recommending you plan meals the day before. I've had success with it.

Marknfran, congratulations on your 5#! Stay focused so they don't come back. Best wishes for May!

Ritasmom, another 8#? You ROCK!!!! I still have your FQ to mail - haven't forgotten. Will do next week, promise.

Missy, your 70# loss is awesome. I know you will reach your goal next month and you will not be sick at all!

Sandy, my dear friend, I am ecstatic over your 8.2# loss. Makes me ashamed of myself. How are you feeling sweetie?

Today is day 6 of phase 1 of the 17 day diet and I have to say I am surprised that I am not famished. The first phase eats really clean, skinless poultry, fish, certain veggies, yogurt, fruit. My hardest time was AGAIN adjusting to no caffeine & sugar. I am down 4# in 6 days; DH is down 5. It really helps that he is eating the same thing I am. At least I will begin May weighing less than I did April 1.

Have a blessed weekend my friends.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
haven't been on in several weeks. been sick. asthma kicking my butt. getting better. checked in, and i noticed several changes, reading the pages. hope everyone is okay. god bless. didn't get way back, just where patrice commented.
i'm a hanger backer. lurker. but i lost 2 lbs last month. i ammmm stillllll a veryyyy big lady. me and purplem are about the same..... ask rita's mom how many FG's she received. Rita's mom will you share with us? that way we will know how many people actually sent FG's. i would like to know the %'s. i sent one.
thx purplem for continuing the thread.
Hi sewNso,
I have recieved about 12 FQ's so far. :)
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 PM

Hello everyone! I haven't said a word since I joined in at the first of the month. I went on two weeks of vacation and was so far behind in the posts that I have never gotten caught up, sorry to say. Over vacation I gained four pounds. Through the rest of the month I lost six for a total loss of two pounds. I'll check back here in a couple of days to find out who to send my FQ to. I'm happy to being giving away fabric for such a great cause. Congrats to everyone who lost this month, keep up the good work! I promise to be more involved during May and will sign up as soon as the new thread surfaces for me to do so.

Rose
Old 04-30-2011, 08:56 PM

I finally lost 2 lbs for April... My goal is to get below 145 and keep going.... I lose to 145 and then it comes back :( I really think it's water retention.:( but until I can keep off the water... I'll keep yoyoing
Old 04-30-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
Hello everyone! I haven't said a word since I joined in at the first of the month. I went on two weeks of vacation and was so far behind in the posts that I have never gotten caught up, sorry to say. Over vacation I gained four pounds. Through the rest of the month I lost six for a total loss of two pounds. I'll check back here in a couple of days to find out who to send my FQ to. I'm happy to being giving away fabric for such a great cause. Congrats to everyone who lost this month, keep up the good work! I promise to be more involved during May and will sign up as soon as the new thread surfaces for me to do so.

Rose
Here is the new thread.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119730-1.htm
Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 PM

Rita's mom, my apologies. Your FQ has been sitting on the back of my sewing machine waiting for an envelope. I went to Meijer's today and bought a package of five, so I'm set for a few months. It'll go out Monday. I can't get a FQ in a business envelope.

Leann, that sounds like a doable diet as long as you can have fruit. There's a new one in the Woman's World magazine today. No fruit that I can see. Protein every other and on alternate days protein and veggies. I'm thinking that's too restrictive for most people. I had a lot of carbs today, so tomorrow I will cut back.

I need to go to bed. I have to count money after church tomorrow, so I need to awake. It's been almost 11 years and I still stay up half the night because I hate going to bed alone.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:02 AM

irish rose, do you have a dog? we just lost our beloved hand me down dog from a daughter.the one in my avatar. we had him about 6 yrs, in our home. and he was a college dog before that and visited on weekends and holidays. good, goood dog. kidney failure.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I can't get a FQ in a business envelope.
I figured it out .... you have to open the FQ and press it... then with your envelope fold it about 1/2 inch smaller in width and then fold it again for the lengthwise of the envelop about 1/2 inch narrower. It's nice a flat and fits exactly. I then put the folded FQ in plastic wrap and squish all the air out before sealing the final side. This helps keep the envelope under the 1/4 inch requirement and it take 2 stamps to mail. I hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:15 AM

Now if I just knew the address to send it to, I could get my fq mailed off. Congrats to all those who lost weight.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:56 AM

OUR APRIL WINNER IS:

NANNY SANDY, WITH AN 8.2 POUND LOSS.

CONGRATULATIONS!

EVERYONE, PLEASE PM SANDY FOR HER ADDRESS, AND THE THEME FOR THE FQ IS FLORALS.

Thanks,
MJ