Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-13-2011, 06:40 AM

I really don't understand all the reference to whining???
What is there to so 'poor me' about. We obviously all have computers, sewing machines, friends, am I missing something some where??
Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by wapatee
I really don't understand all the reference to whining???
What is there to so 'poor me' about. We obviously all have computers, sewing machines, friends, am I missing something some where??
We are just messing with each other and having a little fun.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 AM

Ahhhhh ok, that's different... Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 AM

We may joke around but we whine too. The lbs I lost this month I some how found. Think I found them when my body decided it doesn't. Know time anymore. Thinks it sleep for 6 hours, be up for 8, then back down for 6, etc... got to back on track.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:59 AM

I'm baaack! Had to take a trip to my momma's house, been gone a whole week. I am in quilting/quilting board withdrawal. Good news is momma can be so stressful that I lost 5 lbs while I was gone. Now if I can just keep it off...

This is my first full day home and I have spent the whole day looking at my quilting books, working on the quilt in the frame and checking out the online sites for new ideas and I finally made it here. Momma does not have internet. I did not realize that I had an addiction until I had to give it up for a week.

And I am starving for real food... Momma depends heavily on frozen dinners and fast food. And she loves it. She used to be such a good cook but has sworn off it. Says she doesn't cook because she doesn't have to and she never will again. Her one item she still cooks is cornbread because you can't get that frozen and she won't eat anything else. So tonight I'm frying chicken and making mashed potatoes and gravy. That should add a pound to my starving body.

Haven't read back posts yet, but congrats to all who lost this week and hugs and encouragement to all who didn't.

Love you all, even if some of you do tend to be just a tad witchy...

Donna
Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM

Don't have one of those weight loss slides for my posts so I wil just say it. In Feb and Mar I lost total of 12lbs. Started out at 262lbs which may not sound too bad to some but I am only 4ft.11ins.so I am over 125lbs overweight. Mostly I do not eat too much, my problem is I don't eat often enough. I am seldom hungry. My metabolism is zero. I have got to start eating at least 3 times a day. HELP HELP HELP
Old 04-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by SWChick
Don't have one of those weight loss slides for my posts so I wil just say it. In Feb and Mar I lost total of 12lbs. Started out at 262lbs which may not sound too bad to some but I am only 4ft.11ins.so I am over 125lbs overweight. Mostly I do not eat too much, my problem is I don't eat often enough. I am seldom hungry. My metabolism is zero. I have got to start eating at least 3 times a day. HELP HELP HELP
I have the same problem with eating. I only eat 2 meals a day and a snack. I'm not a big eater either just my metabolism is at zero. I practically have to stare myself for the weight to come off. I can't exercise much because I have a bad hip and back problems, the exercise just makes them worse.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 PM

I am home but exhausted. Fairly good check up, increase exercise (yeah, right) and increase metformin (that sucks as I am allergic to it but have to take it). Only lost 3 pounds in the last 3 months...I have to get moving, it is just so painful that I really don't wanna.

I'm going to take a nap now. I haven't slept but 2 hours last night. Will be back to post probably after 9 or so.

I got some goodies today, lots of them. Will share that tonight, too.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Wow I hope everything is looking up for everyone I have been trying to catch up on all of the posts! Tornados, low blood sugars,road kill, too much wine...err I mean whine.

I am so glad Sandy's surgery went well.

Radiana your story could be mine I have a small house and NO storage but I could still do more about my clutter. It drives me nuts! Not nuts enough to get off my butt and fix it but I am trying. I have herd clutter causes stress and it is so true! When I have things cleaned up and put away I feel so much better. We should keep each other accountable for doing some decluttering each day. I am embarrased when people stop by unanounced and it looks like a bomb went off.

MJ- That is scary about your sugars! Does your doctor have you count carbs and adjust your insulin according to what your sugars are and how many carbs you eat? My daughter Type 1 diabetic and thats how she does it but it might be different for Type 2 diabetics. If you have a snack at bedtime try and have a protein with it or something with cornstartch in it like pudding. It is hard when you are dieting because you are eating less and healthier foods which needs less insulin but your dose is still higher. My daughters doctors say it is like trying to keep a teeter taughter(SP?)balanced.It is hard!

Where is Missy doesn't she love us anymore????

Well not to WHINE but I am getting frustrated I know my weight loss would slow down but I have only lost 3 pounds since March 30th and that keeps going up and down. I have herd you will have platu's(SP?)but how long do they last? It is making it hard to stay motivated especially when life is hectic and your tired and have to many temptations. Eating out alot is tuff!!!
Can some of you that have lost alot of weight share some advice on what you did if your loss slows way down or stops and how you stayed motivated. Cuz if I don't get some support soon people are gonna think I'm nuts! LOL I'm still cracking up over that one! :thumbup:
Old 04-13-2011, 04:45 PM

Well crap, I am days behind again! Will catch up later.