Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM

Who do we report to about all the pounds we lost? My two pounds lost outa put fear in the competition out there.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingmania
I just joined the board today after lurking for months.
Welcome, glad to have a "new" face. Carol
Old 04-29-2011, 03:37 PM

I lost six pounds, but I'm not playing. I'm going to lurk next month, We do have a couple of new members, so I guess we need to be nice to them.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:20 PM

I'm still here, but my few pounds won't win me any FQs. That's okay, I'm here because I need someone besides me to care about my weight. In my case, slow and steady will win my personal race. I finished my Navy quilt. Just need to trim a few threads and finish it's pillowcase. It's posted here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119694-1.htm#3140223
Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'm still here, but my few pounds won't win me any FQs. That's okay, I'm here because I need someone besides me to care about my weight. In my case, slow and steady will win my personal race. I finished my Navy quilt. Just need to trim a few threads and finish it's pillowcase. It's posted here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119694-1.htm#3140223
Irish,
I tried to see your picture but my browser didn't pull it up. I know it is beautiful, just wanted to look at the eye candy.

Amended: It IS beautiful! How did you get the stars in the borders? I just love this, so pretty!

I am posting the new thread tonight. It will be called May2011 Weight Loss Venture. I think it will be easier to search for by the month and we shouldn't use the previous title.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119730-1.htm#3141187
Old 04-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Thank you. I like it, but then, like Alex, I like brights, though I do not like blue. Did you catch the tropical strips? Alex's graduation party was tropical and we had a good time so I had to add that fabric for him.

The little Friendship Stars are made by adding a HST to each end of the sashing strip and matching the cornerstone to the HSTs. For some reason, they came out perfect. I must finally have learned to sew a even 1/4" seam. Coming for an apparel sewing background, learning to be exact has been an issue for me.

My dessert for dinner was so good, I want more. I have a good friend who has moved away who could eat three bites of anything and be satisfied. She contended the rest tasted the same, so why bother. Obviously, she isn't a compulsive overeater. I never get full. When I get caught up on my birthday quilts, I am going to go see her. 50 miles isn't that far.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:52 PM

Where do I send my FQ? My 4 pound loss for one month is not good and I am not happy with myself. I have got to quit "grazing" and eat regular meals. Irish I envy your friend--I belong to the "clean plate club"--if I start it, I eat it all even if I don't like it. I know what I'm doing wrong, why can't I correct it? We've learned to correct our quilting mistakes, why not food mistakes? I'm so disappointed.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Beautiful and cheery! I love scrappy quilts. They are some of my favorites.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Where do I send my FQ? My 4 pound loss for one month is not good and I am not happy with myself. I have got to quit "grazing" and eat regular meals. Irish I envy your friend--I belong to the "clean plate club"--if I start it, I eat it all even if I don't like it. I know what I'm doing wrong, why can't I correct it? We've learned to correct our quilting mistakes, why not food mistakes? I'm so disappointed.
Make a journal for food. Write down what your are going to eat the day before. It will help take out a lot of your impulse eating.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:10 PM

JanRN, four pounds is great. I'm only losing two a month, but I look at as two I didn't gain. We won't win any FQs, but we will improve our physical and mental health. Maybe slow and steady does win the race.

Carol, my few forays into the quilting world have never been scrappy, now four of the six quilts I've made since my forced retirement have been scrappy. The charm packs were the ice breaker, I think. Sure saves buying fabric. I only bought some of the white, the backing, the binding and the red blender for the wide border.