Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-10-2011, 02:00 PM

i love that there are so many nancy's on this thread. i wonder if the name nancy is the reason we over eat?! sumthing to think about.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:02 PM

This week was a bad week in a lot of ways, but the 2 lbs I lost have returned, I'm hoping they'll leave again soon. There has been Thanksgiving eating for 3 days and even though I take small portions it didn't seem to do help me any.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:07 PM

That is a fun coincidence isn't it? I am still in awe of how many of you reply based on what specifically is posted. I guess my dendrites are slower and I still have lots to learn and remember about you all.
Have a great week.

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Jeanne I hope things settle down for you and you start feeling better. Keep up the good work you have come along way in finding out what is going on.

Gosh I am going to have to go back and reread what everyones real names are. Murphy1 I think it is funny that we are both named Nancy and our screen names are our dogs names and our avitars.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:09 PM

Oh no! I am changing my name if that is the case.
:lol: :lol:
Originally Posted by nancia
i love that there are so many nancy's on this thread. i wonder if the name nancy is the reason we over eat?! sumthing to think about.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 PM

I think it would be great to post our real picture along with our name as we will probably be here awhile. How does next Monday on weight posting day sound for the big reveal?

I'd like to see a pic of everyone......makes you more real.

[quote=plainpat]Keep forgetting to say my name is Patricia.I'm only Pat on line....as DH says.,if he ans the phone & they asked for Pat...he knows it's a stranger.
Mom called me Patti from 1st grade on & that's what family calls me, no matter how old I am LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Works for me I think it's great when you can associate a name to a face!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 PM
mim

works for me too -- l'll post a pix and hopefully a weight loss
Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 PM

elm, you did so well, even losing on your vacation. You can do it again. The sad truth is that this is not a diet, but a life long food plan. Come and play with us.

The only picture I have except ones taken at grandchildren's weddings is a pre loss one. If I ask my daughter to take one when she comes tomorrow, she'll think I've lost it. I am a camera avoider, big time. I would enjoy seeing pictures of y'all. I think it helps to have a picture to go with the name.

Nancy S, I haven't been a horse since I broke my back when I was 16. Before that I worked for a riding stable. My granddaughters did the 4H thing, then the youngest went on the professional circuit for several years. K would ride Gina up and do a quick stop in my face when I'd arrive at a rodeo. Quite a greeting. That's when Gina slipped on the wet grass and went down. I sent my husband to find her mother and I got the horse up. K wanted me to pick her up, but I told her to wait for her mother. If I tried on one leg, I'd been on top of her.

Snack report - I have done no mindless eating for the last week. When I opened the fridge to get cherry concentrate and sparkling water on my of my breaks, I grabbed three almonds. "Oh,oh, you need to put those back or grab 20 for an afternoon snack." I grabbed the 20, but I did not grab 5 over and over as I can do. I have you, beachcomber, and Pat to thank for that. What's the next Taboo Tuesday item?

Note to self - rocker bottom shoes and a ladder are a bad combination. No, I didn't fall, but I was doing a little dance up there.

Have a good evening, everyone.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Eeeew.... I love seeing pics of all of you but I am the queen of avoiding pictures, although the last ones I saw of myself are the ones that helped me finally start doing something about this wieght! hmmm I will have to think on that and muster up some courage.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM

NancyS, you have to be the princess. I am the queen. The only time I allow it is when a child or grandchild gets married. I don't care to look like a stubborn idiot in front of guests.

Auditioning fabrics for the filler blocks for the wildlife quilt. Grrr, choices, choices. I should be working on the bazaar quilt as it has a deadline.