Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good morning everyone!

So good to hear people are doing better health wise. I'm not sure what I'm doing. I got up at 3 a.m. this morning and have been dizzy ever since. I have water aerobics at 11 a.m., hope I can go. Will be glad to see that doc tomorrow. My food wasn't good yesterday. I had treats at church and then a sandwich at DGS apt at noon. After that I got things under control so I guess I should say just the morning was bad.

I guess we all have some work to do on our eating/food plan. Good luck everyone. Remember, We can "Get ER Done!"

My prayers are with those still in various stages of recovery, God Bless Everyone.
Oh my gosh,I hope your all right.Dizzy spells are not fun.I have them too,but don't know what causes mine.I would say pills,but not always on the same meds.And has been going off and on for yrs now.And comes and goes.May have a long stretch in between.Or I might have one while driving and it's over with in a minute.I hate them.Someone told me to find something and focus on and look at it when it happens,and that really has helped.I don't even know how or if they would test for it.Anyway,yes.We will GET ER DONE!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM

Xylie, did you get any acidophilus yet? You need it after the antibiotics and it's supposed to promote weight loss. I don't know about that, but it will help with the bloat and gurgling, for sure.

Can you tell I'm too tired to sew tonight? Actually, I'm waiting on the dryer. My red batik was a bleeder so it's back in the w/d.

Nancy S, I think you sat last month out so you may have missed the article on artificial sweeteners. They taste sweet so your body releases insulin getting ready for sugar. No sugar arrives and the insulin is left free to wreck havoc on your body - think hypoglycemic type attack. If you need the sweet, the have the sugar. I like hot chocolate, but being a chocoholic, I have to put extra cocoa in mine - and sometimes a little milk to make it taste creamier.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
I hadn't thought of that. I am tall so leg room is awful on a plane, but the worst is worrying about weather the seatbelt will fit. Last time I flew, I just held the seatbelt under my top, I wasn't going to ask for an extension. I hate flying anymore, so it will be awhile before I get the weight down, and do the happy dance about the room in the seat. Soooo many things to think about.

Monday recording - down 2.5 pounds since October 1st.

Originally Posted by nancia
rita'smom-- keep it up and we'll start calling you skinnybutt! i had a similiar experience in a plane seat. it is so much nicer to fly when you don't fill all of your seat and six inches of the seats on either side! so congrats, tinytail!!
Yes,it takes awhile to lose weight.It takes even more to keep it off.I started at 250 pounds.I was miserable.Couldn't bend over so had to wear slip on shoes,pull up stretch leggins,sz 14 panties,and baggy shirts to hide my tummy and butt,(like it really did) but I thought so at the time.I wasn't fooling anybody but myself.And then one day I went to get in the car,and barley fit under the wheel.That's the day I said,that's it.I'm sick and tired of being fat and not being able to do anything.Plus my joints were killing me,and my back,oh it really hurt.So got some TV dinners and a bag of tossed green salad,some breakfasts too at walmart.And only ate those.Nothing else.It was a struggle,but I also tossed out the candy,chips,cookies,ice cream, etc from my diet.Hubby still ate them,but I didn't.I also drink a gal of water a day.After about 3 weeks,it didn't even bother me if he ate them.because I was losing weight!I got down to 225,then 210.Then 200.190,180,170.then down to 160 where I been a hanging now for all summer.Except I did gain 15 pounds in may I think.Took 1 1/2 months to get it back off.I been at 157 - 160 now most of the summer.But just gained back up to 170 this last week in fact.Due to meds I was put on recently.So will start over and get back on track.I need to be down to at least 140 by spring 2012.So that's 30 more pounds now I have to lose.And I will.I done it before,so I know I will do it again.2 video's that really helped me was Steve Turano on You-Tube,and Pray It Off weight loss videos on you-tube.Steve's were the best.He is a weight loss trainer so knows how to get it off.It's taking me 4 yrs to get mine off,but for the most part,it has stayed off.Because I lost it 3 pounds a month.That's right, slowly.It don't come back then.My way is not a diet,but a way of life.I will have to continue on this for life.It's a life style change.And I learned it's not a race,but a way of life so we can live and add years to our lives.So,I know you'll get there too.There is many plans on here that work for different folks.You just have to find what works for you and stay on it no matter what.The no matter what is the ups and downs we have along the way.Like me,this is my 2nd gain like this in 4 yrs.So not bad.I'll get it off with the help of this board and my cracking down on myself and telling myself no I can't have that.Even tho I want it so bad,I can't.I'm at 170 again now.You CAN do it too. I'm going to go 170,160,150,140, and then see where I need to be when I get there!Now,LET'S GET ER DONE!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Xylie, did you get any acidophilus yet? You need it after the antibiotics and it's supposed to promote weight loss. I don't know about that, but it will help with the bloat and gurgling, for sure.

Can you tell I'm too tired to sew tonight? Actually, I'm waiting on the dryer. My red batik was a bleeder so it's back in the w/d.

Nancy S, I think you sat last month out so you may have missed the article on artificial sweeteners. They taste sweet so your body releases insulin getting ready for sugar. No sugar arrives and the insulin is left free to wreck havoc on your body - think hypoglycemic type attack. If you need the sweet, the have the sugar. I like hot chocolate, but being a chocoholic, I have to put extra cocoa in mine - and sometimes a little milk to make it taste creamier.
Never heard of it,but will get some.Sounds like just what I need.Thanks.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:47 AM

Well.I made my soaps MJ.And am happy to say,they work.They were really set up after sitting 24 hrs after mixing,but added some hot water to thin it.Also I added a couple big squirts of regular dish soap in mine because I like some bubbles floating.And it really cleaned the dishes good and was super cheap.I did the same to the shampoo and body wash,or liquid hand soap,only added regular shampoo,like 2 big squirts so they too have bubbles.I put red dye food coloring in the dish soap/it's pink.The shampoo was green.And the body wash is blue.So I didn't get them mixed up.They made about 6 cups of each out of 1 bar of soap per soap made.(used 3 bars of ivory total)and got 6 cups of dish soap,6 cups of shampoo,and 6 cups of liquid body/hand/shower gel soap.You can add oils too to fragrance them.But I didn't have any.They smell good to me.The recipe was from you-tube "how to make body soap,dish soap,and shampoo" by CanadianPatriot1973.She tells how to make it.I like mine.This payday was the 1st time ever we ran out of all 3.Now I have lots of bar soap,so can make my own for pennies.Good luck.This will save us lots of $$.I already been making my laundry soap and love it.I make 5 gallons at a time so lasts for months,and cleans better than store bought.Saves us over $300. or more a yr.Easy to make too.I'm excited about starting over.I took a water pill earlier and the mineral oil kicked in so feel better.Hopped on the scales to see and saw 167.So better.3 pound drop since yesterday morning.I was hungry earlier,so didn't eat but made me a huge cup of decaf coffee w/non dairy creamer.Filled me up and not hungry any more.Better than eating.I also got some chicken base to make broth.It is good.But didn't want the sodium tonight.Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 AM

This is such an inspiring post.You surely took yourself in hand & actually did what you needed to do.I heard someone on TV say ...heavy ppl don't see their true selves in a mirror.They can justify every extra pd & go eat more.It's like something is missing,cause the truth is,heavy ppl don't need to ever be eating the food we do.We know....yes,we do....what we can't eat.Does that stop us from finding an excuse to have it in the house?

It's for hub,kids....the dog.Wagging finger at self!!!!!I plead guilty.Like a 2 yr old."I Want" is what I want. Never mind that my butt is way wide & only stretch clothes cover (don't hide) the evidence.Never mind that I don't want to be seen by old friends......never mind that joints hurt,seats squeeze...shopping for clothes is a joke....just as long as" I want" is shushed by stuffing myself with more of what made me fat.That's the truth, not chubby,not fluffy...I'm fat.

To those who wonder, your truthful,hurting posts help me the most.I applaud you for trying to help & applaud you for doing what I must do.Slow is fine, but I need to KNOW in my heart,there are foods that are poison to me & I can not....must not ever eat again. Pat

"(quote"Yes,it takes awhile to lose weight.It takes even more to keep it off.I started at 250 pounds.I was miserable.Couldn't bend over so had to wear slip on shoes,pull up stretch leggins,sz 14 panties,and baggy shirts to hide my tummy and butt,(like it really did) but I thought so at the time.I wasn't fooling anybody but myself.And then one day I went to get in the car,and barley fit under the wheel.That's the day I said,that's it.I'm sick and tired of being fat and not being able to do anything.Plus my joints were killing me,and my back,oh it really hurt.So got some TV dinners and a bag of tossed green salad,some breakfasts too at walmart.And only ate those.Nothing else.It was a struggle,but I also tossed out the candy,chips,cookies,ice cream, etc from my diet.Hubby still ate them,but I didn't.I also drink a gal of water a day.After about 3 weeks,it didn't even bother me if he ate them.because I was losing weight!I got down to 225,then 210.Then 200.190,180,170.then down to 160 where I been a hanging now for all summer.Except I did gain 15 pounds in may I think.Took 1 1/2 months to get it back off.I been at 157 - 160 now most of the summer.But just gained back up to 170 this last week in fact.Due to meds I was put on recently.So will start over and get back on track.I need to be down to at least 140 by spring 2012.So that's 30 more pounds now I have to lose.And I will.I done it before,so I know I will do it again.2 video's that really helped me was Steve Turano on You-Tube,and Pray It Off weight loss videos on you-tube.Steve's were the best.He is a weight loss trainer so knows how to get it off.It's taking me 4 yrs to get mine off,but for the most part,it has stayed off.Because I lost it 3 pounds a month.That's right, slowly.It don't come back then.My way is not a diet,but a way of life.I will have to continue on this for life.It's a life style change.And I learned it's not a race,but a way of life so we can live and add years to our lives.So,I know you'll get there too.There is many plans on here that work for different folks.You just have to find what works for you and stay on it no matter what.The no matter what is the ups and downs we have along the way.Like me,this is my 2nd gain like this in 4 yrs.So not bad.I'll get it off with the help of this board and my cracking down on myself and telling myself no I can't have that.Even tho I want it so bad,I can't.I'm at 170 again now.You CAN do it too. I'm going to go 170,160,150,140, and then see where I need to be when I get there!Now,LET'S GET ER DONE![/quote]
Old 10-11-2011, 04:20 AM
mim

Irishrose -- I almost went up the step ladder in my clogs and remembered just in time -- Put on my nicely tied well fitting sneakers. My problem with ladders is that I tend to think I am down and miss the bottom rung -- not a food ideea. I tossed lumber around yesterday -- stained and shaped the ends of the 4X4s -- today I will haul up them up to the ceiling level and hopefully slide them into the brackets. They are 10 ft long. I have the pulley in place.

Wish me well.
Last nite was a long hot herbal bath for the aches and pains. No problem this morning. I shouldn't take and OTC pain meds because of bleeding in my eye. So herbal baths do it for me.

If I don't lose can I say it is muscle?????? :-) ;-)
Old 10-11-2011, 05:09 AM

[quote=Murphy1]I think it would be great to post our real picture along with our name as we will probably be here awhile. How does next Monday on weight posting day sound for the big reveal?

I'd like to see a pic of everyone......makes you more real.

Originally Posted by plainpat
Keep forgetting to say my name is Patricia.I'm only Pat on line....as DH says.,if he ans the phone & they asked for Pat...he knows it's a stranger.
Mom called me Patti from 1st grade on & that's what family calls me, no matter how old I am LOL
Sounds good, I would like to have a face to each name too!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Eeeew.... I love seeing pics of all of you but I am the queen of avoiding pictures, although the last ones I saw of myself are the ones that helped me finally start doing something about this wieght! hmmm I will have to think on that and muster up some courage.
I was the same way...to the point of stopping my dh from taking any pictures. Then I noticed that there ae no pictures of me with my grandbabies. Years & years from now they won't remember all of the fun times we had without pictures. I am sorry I did that & will try to be better & just smile. So I am not perfect...wow, what a shocker, huh? :roll:
Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 AM

XylieSS You are an inspiration and your story is so motivating. Emphasizing the lifestye change really says it all. I am finding that sweets don't seem as attractive so it must be getting easier. I wonder what I will look like a year from now, I will strive for numbers like yours. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by Murphy1
I hadn't thought of that. I am tall so leg room is awful on a plane, but the worst is worrying about weather the seatbelt will fit. Last time I flew, I just held the seatbelt under my top, I wasn't going to ask for an extension. I hate flying anymore, so it will be awhile before I get the weight down, and do the happy dance about the room in the seat. Soooo many things to think about.

Monday recording - down 2.5 pounds since October 1st.

Originally Posted by nancia
rita'smom-- keep it up and we'll start calling you skinnybutt! i had a similiar experience in a plane seat. it is so much nicer to fly when you don't fill all of your seat and six inches of the seats on either side! so congrats, tinytail!!
Yes,it takes awhile to lose weight.It takes even more to keep it off.I started at 250 pounds.I was miserable.Couldn't bend over so had to wear slip on shoes,pull up stretch leggins,sz 14 panties,and baggy shirts to hide my tummy and butt,(like it really did) but I thought so at the time.I wasn't fooling anybody but myself.And then one day I went to get in the car,and barley fit under the wheel.That's the day I said,that's it.I'm sick and tired of being fat and not being able to do anything.Plus my joints were killing me,and my back,oh it really hurt.So got some TV dinners and a bag of tossed green salad,some breakfasts too at walmart.And only ate those.Nothing else.It was a struggle,but I also tossed out the candy,chips,cookies,ice cream, etc from my diet.Hubby still ate them,but I didn't.I also drink a gal of water a day.After about 3 weeks,it didn't even bother me if he ate them.because I was losing weight!I got down to 225,then 210.Then 200.190,180,170.then down to 160 where I been a hanging now for all summer.Except I did gain 15 pounds in may I think.Took 1 1/2 months to get it back off.I been at 157 - 160 now most of the summer.But just gained back up to 170 this last week in fact.Due to meds I was put on recently.So will start over and get back on track.I need to be down to at least 140 by spring 2012.So that's 30 more pounds now I have to lose.And I will.I done it before,so I know I will do it again.2 video's that really helped me was Steve Turano on You-Tube,and Pray It Off weight loss videos on you-tube.Steve's were the best.He is a weight loss trainer so knows how to get it off.It's taking me 4 yrs to get mine off,but for the most part,it has stayed off.Because I lost it 3 pounds a month.That's right, slowly.It don't come back then.My way is not a diet,but a way of life.I will have to continue on this for life.It's a life style change.And I learned it's not a race,but a way of life so we can live and add years to our lives.So,I know you'll get there too.There is many plans on here that work for different folks.You just have to find what works for you and stay on it no matter what.The no matter what is the ups and downs we have along the way.Like me,this is my 2nd gain like this in 4 yrs.So not bad.I'll get it off with the help of this board and my cracking down on myself and telling myself no I can't have that.Even tho I want it so bad,I can't.I'm at 170 again now.You CAN do it too. I'm going to go 170,160,150,140, and then see where I need to be when I get there!Now,LET'S GET ER DONE!