Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I Finally Figured Out One of My Top Reasons to Love the Board >
  • I Finally Figured Out One of My Top Reasons to Love the Board

• I Finally Figured Out One of My Top Reasons to Love the Board

Old 04-05-2011, 05:06 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by gloria farmer
    I know exectelly what you are saing, that happen to me today when I got home I was telling my HD a story about work and he walk away two times, and then I was telling the story and then my son's girlfriend comes in the room and ask a question about a movie, and HD answers to her and I got ignore so I just walk alway, HD said finish the story and I just said is not worth it anymore, after that they all left the house to to there thing, at least now I get the house to my self.
    thanks for listening
    gloria
    Cute cat pic!! Yeah I get the same thing.
    Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM

I think in the past number of years, people have came to take another for granted. BACK when (famous last words huh) when I grew up, listening was actaully taught in our school. You did not interupt another speaking. It was a way of living. Somewhere between then and now, interuption took place. I don't care (attitude) seems to have taken over. Not, saying I am sorry is a way of living for many. Expecting is expected. Guess I could go on and on. needless to say, Since, after 1960 is(when I noticed changes) people lost something. Even if it is taught in the home. respect is lost.... in the work field, friendships, parenting, spouses, siblings... Do not get me wrong. people still love one another. a link is missing. I do understand what you are saying Rhonda. I really do. I lost a part of my identity living with Daughter and family. I just recently, started claiming it back... (respect) (((hugs)))) to one and all and a special one for you Rhonda. (((HUGS)))) :)
    Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM

You are very welcome! And we will listen to you anytime!!
    Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 PM

I don't text altho I have been known to twitter at funny stuff I don't condone putting ones hands on any body in anger but its getting real hard not to Jethro people when that glazed look appears I'm so glad my son was born before cells he still knows how to talk and listen and so does all his kids[& hisGCs] but on the whole writing letters or actual conversation is becoming a sadly lost art at least for the under 35yos [ and husbands]-but I think you can Jethro your husband gently
    Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
    did you actauly say something I wasnt listening I was trying to tell you how to make a proper senctence.to explain why the world doesnt care how you feel when you are trying to talk... Joking you have always had and always will have my attention and ear any time you need it.
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Cute! Cute! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 PM

What you stated is so true, unfortunately.

I also have a pet peeve about when I am actually talking face to face with someone and their cell phone cuts in. The person just answer it with out a second thought. All of a sudden I must have vanished from their sight. They don't even say "excuse me while I see if this call can be put on hold."

Gee, does this mean we are getting old? No of course not, it means "they haven't any manners!"
    Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Carron
    What you stated is so true, unfortunately.

I also have a pet peeve about when I am actually talking face to face with someone and their cell phone cuts in. The person just answer it with out a second thought. All of a sudden I must have vanished from their sight. They don't even say "excuse me while I see if this call can be put on hold."

Gee, does this mean we are getting old? No of course not, it means "they haven't any manners!"
    With caller ID I usually ignore when someone is calling me when I am already talking to someone. I can call them back later.
    Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 PM

I absolutely agree. Conversation is becoming a lost art!
    Old 04-05-2011, 11:52 PM

I seldom even speak to my husband because no matter how simple the question or comment might be he'll write me a book. Another thing that upsets me about him is the man will not let me finish a sentence before he reacts. We've gotten in more than a few rows over this. So now before I come up with an idea or have something important on my mind I have to tell him to let me finish my sentence.

All I have to say is thank goodness for message boards. I'm new here but I really like this place.
    Old 04-06-2011, 12:44 AM

Do you know I have lived on and off with my daughter and family for abt 4 years. and NOT one time have we sat at the table to enjoy conversation over coffee or tea.... Not once. Conversations induce laughter and fun into a home. NO.... not all the time.... why no talking, hmmmm TV, Phones and COMPUTERS... COMPUTER GAMES... they took over board games and joy went flying out the window. sooo sad.

and yes this is a GREAT board... I feel like this is where my friends are (smile) In meeting another board member recently, we spoke of board people by their board names haha seemed so odd, these are our friends... (((hugs))) to you all.