Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star?? >

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Old 04-10-2011, 07:21 AM

These are classes rather than the tuts that are on YouTube. I have loved it. They really are good and you can write questions and comments and Jenny responds to them. You get all the patterns that she uses for the classes that you are doing. I think that there are four or five projects. I had a 50% off coupon and so it was on $25 and I have found it to be well worth it.

I do love the tuts she puts on YouTube as well!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:26 AM

I agree with seweasy and bakermom. Personally, I did sign up for the classes with Missouri Star and it has been great. I can log on anytime and reference back to something Jenny said or a technique she showed. Again, I haven't always had the best time in a quilt class I have taken in the past. the classes are really great for a beginner, but even for an intermediate quilter, I have learned a lot. Believe me, I have spent more for less in my lifetime.

Sherrie
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 AM

It should be a good learning experience. I have purchased Sharon Schambers DVDs on Perfect Binding and the Curved Binding and Beginning Stipple tutorials and it was the best investment ever. She had them on her site in the free section and I watched them so often that when she finally started to sell the DVDs I got them at a very reasonable price per DVD. Now I always have them and the best thing is my bindings and my quilting is so much better. Her site crashed and it took 5 months to get back up and running, but I still have my tuts on DVD. Leah Day is another gal that has a very good site with free tuts and also DVDs if you so choose. I recommend both sites for free help. I am in no way associated with them just use there methods and it has improved my quilting .Suzy
Old 04-10-2011, 08:38 AM

I have signed up for both of Jenny's classes and they are like a classroom type. I have learned so much from them since I am a beginner and also have a 15 yr old g'daughter and 9 yr old g'son who are wanting to learn how to quilt. They can both sit down and watch and do these right along with her. Yes you can go back as many times as you want to if you don't understand what she is doing. They are more indept than her tuts. Just my opinion.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 AM

The free tutorials on the web-site are still there. I just watched them. Why is everybody so upset about paying for the quilting help? They have to make a living too and if I could teach like she does people would pay me too.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:02 AM

They are actually classes that Missouri Quilt lady will be giving on line. I believe they are 29.00.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:07 PM

I think it's a good deal it's only like twenty nine dollars.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 PM

I agree with Eashka!! Jenney's classes are great! First one I had an offer, "1 out of next 3" got it for free, which was me! I learned a lot and plan to take the next class, even at 40% off, it is a bargain.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:10 PM

I purchased their tutorial, which is actually a 10-class course. I cannot rave enough about this course. Each aspect is superbly done - the material, the presentation, the information relayed, everything, everything, everything. The instructor is just delightful, and I consider her to be a Master Teacher. Fabulous! Several of my friends (in other states) have purchased this course and have begun quilting on their own - we SKYPE during the week for show and tell and trouble-shooting. Great fun, all made possible by this consistently excellent course.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:24 PM

Well everyone - I just paid the reduced price of $29 and so far I have gone through 8 of the 10 lessons. Now I am not new to quilting but along about the 4th course I realized I was behind in the times. She did a quick technique for making triangles that for me will be worth 5 x's the $29. I like the course and it is availiable to go back and review anytime I want and as many times as I need. If the last 2 courses are as good it is most definately worth the money. She is an extrememly good instructor. It works for me.