Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soooooooo Glad April is OVER >

Soooooooo Glad April is OVER

Soooooooo Glad April is OVER

Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Sorry we have all been in your shoe and it will get better. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Quite right we do understand. Hope things soon improve .
Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Boy can I relate. Stuff seems to happen all at once. Glad you have a backup. And Electronic stuff is ticking me off. Our very expensive washing machine died at less than 6 years. So I went out and bought the cheapest made machine of a decent line. It works great, just doesnt have all the bells and whistles. Of course in sewing machines you often need alot of those bells and whistles. Sorry your favorite baby is not functioning for now. Hugs, Kat
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by quilterella
They say "it comes in threes", but, I don't know about that. April sure was one strength testing month. First, my car died, leaving me stranded on the side of the road. Two days later DH's car decided it wanted attention to, so, it left him at work one night, stranded. Next was the two sump pumps that run 24/7 in the basement this time of year...no need to tell you what fun a wet basement is. DH retired the 28th of April so thought okay things will get better...not! The icing on the cake was last Thursday. I went to the sewing room for some quality time with my Janome 6600P and it died. Every ERROR message is lit up across the screen and that is all I get. OH NO!!! This is my lifeline, my baby. I have had her for 6 yrs and never had a problem with her. I called 2 service places and then called Janome. All three said "sounds like the contol board or the motor...may not be fixable. The real kicker is now that DH has retired, I have to wait for atleast 6-8 weeks before we can take her to be fixed or even looked at, until all his retirement stuff is in order. I do have a small machine as a backup, but, it is nowhere near the quality of my Janome 6600. I know I should be thankful that I do have the backup...but, I want my baby back(Yes I am Spoiled). Okay...I'm done whining...but, I knew my family on the quilt forum would understand!!!
You're lucky you didn't have a treadle machine, you may have broken you leg!!!LOL Don't ya just hate it when it goes like that...and it really seems to. Hope you get your Baby fixed sooner rather than later! I have gotten so spoiled with the thread cutting feature on mine that I would hate to have to just one without it. I too like the bells and whistles mine has!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Barbara Antman
I feel your pain! My Janome died also. Will stitch and then stop telling me it "Stopped for safety reasons" I took my sweet machine to a very reputable sewing machine shop. They have had it for three weeks, and tried everything. Dust on a circuit, loose wire, replaced peddle, no luck. They have called the company twice, and they are afraid it is the board. They said they will try one other thing, but it didn't look good.
If it is the board, it would cost around $500.00 to repair. The machine is around the same age as yours, and cost about $1100.00 in its day. Not very cost effective to have it repaired if it is the board. I am sick.
Great machine, but... I compare it to living in Disney Land while I had it, but now using my "backup machine" I feel like I am on a cheap carnival ride. Yes, we are spoiled.
I too, just retired, Feb. 28th of this year.
Hope you get better news, and they can bring yours back to life!!!
I know with all the problems in this world abroken machine is not much, but it is cheaper than therapy, It Is My Therapy!
Good Luck, Let Us Know
If it is the Mother board, would it be posslible to "up-grade" as long as you're at it!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Oh, I know how you feel, but mine has been the last 6 months. The dog had ACL surgery last November, mega bucks there, my sump pump died the month before that. Then expensive Christmas time. More x-rays on the dog, March was their check up month, big dogs are expensive. Then my dehumidifier died. Then I decided I needed a treat and bought myself a long arm quilting machine, used it maybe 6 hours in 2 weeks and it died and is in the repair shop. This week was new fence around the yard for the dogs, and trees trimmed and one removed. I feel like I am living in the money pit.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM

we do understand!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:48 PM

April showers bring May flowers I hope all your showers are over and flowers start sprouting for you
Old 05-04-2011, 12:48 PM

So sorry. You've had all the April showers, but chin up - May's flowers are on the way!

Oops! Looks like Stitchin123 and I had the same idea at the same time - but no less heart felt!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:50 PM

It does seem to come all at once doesn't it. I always blame my husband. We don't know his mother's side (my husband grew up in a foster home) and her maiden name looks like it's from eastern Europe, so I just say somewhere his ancestors ticked off the gypsys and when the moon and stars are just right - shazam it all goes to H E double hockey sticks. I try to stay clear so it doesn't richott off of me. Hang in there.