Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Freight Blades >

Harbor Freight Blades

Harbor Freight Blades

Old 06-23-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by johanna2le
I buy my Olfa blades at overstock.com and pay 32.95 for 10 blades which does include the shipping of 2.95. So far I have not found a better deal and do not live close to a Joanne store anymore. :-(

Johanna
That's good to know..the last I paid at Joann's was $31.99 (gone p to 34.99 now)
and that was for only 5 blades.

got them on sale but not always on sale when needed.....
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM

I have had no trouble either other then the blade is wobbly in my cutter. Does not cause me any problems though.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:20 AM

I was having trouble with mine but we cleaned them up there seemed to have some sticky stuff that was stopping them from cutting properly, now they are cleaned and working just fine...maybe the people that are having problems could try this
Old 06-23-2011, 05:31 AM

I had problems with them too. But I think my problem is that I can't cut with a 45MM. I have to have the 60MM. I wish I could get used to the smaller one, but for some reason I just can't seem to cut with them. Does anyone else have this problem?

Judy
Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 AM

Hi,
No comment about the HF Blades, just wanted to say that I love your comments after your signature. Recently I have ben having difficulty with a childhood friend....think it is time to move on. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
I've been using the same blade now for two months and I cut lots of fabric(not only for myself but for my MIL and some friends) I did make the mistake of putting both blades out of the same package in my cutter once and knew it right away...If you like paying for the expensive blades..keep on doing it...myself I save money whenever I can . It gives me more money for fabric and anything else I want...I coupon(save 1/3 to 1/2 off my grocery bill EVERY month) and watch for sales and very proud of it....
I too try to save money every way I can. I coupon, match them with sales, buy in bulk, yard and estate sales, Goodwill. Maybe we should start a thread on here about ways to be frugal. LOL

Judy
Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 AM

Not had any problems!
Old 06-23-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by jean1941
Mine are working just fine and for a $1.00 if not quite perfect that is OK
I just purchased some but it was not $1.00. It was 3 or 9.99? I have not tried one yet to know how well it cuts. But disappointed about the price! Did I pick up the wrong ones? It is really the only ones I saw in the store. I sure hope they cut!
Old 06-23-2011, 05:46 AM

Sorry for your bad experience ladies. Maybe they were old (?). I have bough 8 packs and have had great results. They cut better than my rotary cutter (six layers well instead of 4 - no sliding). I don't know what to say. Hope you find a better replacement. The only thing I noticed is that the curved "washer" on the center of the blade that holds it in place has to be bent in (two c shaped sides closer together). Then they are held tighter in place and work great.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:51 AM

I ordered 6 packages by mail. Opened two (4 blades) and none of them cut evenly. My mat works fine with other blades. At least two of the 4 were not exactly round and had some straight places and I did have to clean the sticky residue off with alcohol. Maybe quilters ordered so many that the manufacturer hurried the process to replace stock. They did give a refund. I then tried the store in another town and they did not have them in the stock.