Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Walmart Fabric Update >
  • Walmart Fabric Update

• Walmart Fabric Update

Old 07-29-2011, 05:32 AM

Our store here in Adrian, MI will but not sure on date!!
    Old 07-29-2011, 05:47 AM

JoAnn's is is definitly over priced. Their backing material is
    one to two dollars more expensive than W. Mart or my local Ben Franklin store. Ben Franklin has nice material.
    Doris1334
    Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 AM
    Banned

Ours marked all the precuts WAY down and we were told a fabric dept. would be back. But now they say no,,,I wish they would make up their minds!!!!
    Old 07-29-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    I went to yet another WalMart in Baton Rouge and a nice lady was doing something in the crafts department. I asked her if this WalMart was going to get bolt fabric back and she said yes indeed. She said "you and your friends must have been calling and writing. I told everyone to call and write. "They" told us no one was buying fabric, and I told them that isn't the case". She was so nice and said that all the WalMarts would be getting fabric back. Not just in Baton Rouge. I'm not sure if that is really the case, but, at least that one in Baton Rouge (behind Cortana Mall) will be. She said she couldn't tell me when, but would be sooner than I think. I also said I've heard that when fabric comes back, there aren't people who know how to cut it. She said, well, I know how to cut and so do the other ladies who work here. She said she would look forward to cutting my fabric. Such a nice experience. I'll check back there to see when it happens. :D
    We are supposed to be getting our FD back on the western slope in the next couple of weeks ! I cannot wait, this will help many people out. Then Jo-Ann's is also coming back in November in the mall.
    I am sure Wally will hire the right people to cut the fabric and not jeopardize their bringing it back that way.
    Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 AM

I'm in W. KY and our's is already back. We have things that we didn't have before. More rulers-love the price on the rulers! ;)
    Old 07-29-2011, 06:02 AM

I went to my local Walmart here in town and looked where they had moved all the sewing notions to, gone, everything gone!!! I had already been told that the fabric dept. would be coming back so I found a clerk and asked where the fabric dept. was. She pointed it out and told me that it wasn't completely finished and even though they have bolts of fabric there would be no cutting until the dept. was fully operational. I browsed through the bolts that they had out and found a couple I think I need for something. Can't wait to see what else they bring back. I only wish that they would bring back x-stitch fabric on the bolts as well. The prices looked very reasonable, $4.95 for some fabric and $3.95 for others. This is going to be where I build my stash of some of the staples.
    Old 07-29-2011, 06:04 AM

Our local WM did away with fabric when they built the new store. Now they are putting it back, it looks as if they threw it all in big bins when they closed, then pulled it back out for the new store. It's all wrinkled and off the bolt, needs a lot of work to make a bettr presentation. I'm not a WM shopper, but once in awhilr I'll pick up something there. Abbyjanke & I went to the newly renovated (moved) Joann's yesterday. It was a disappointment. She had fabric to match, they had the same print, but the cloth was like tissue paper. Very poor quality.
    Old 07-29-2011, 06:06 AM

hope they get more things at are WalMart, I love rulers but don't like paying the big bucks for them ,try to have a coupon before I buy, Joann's I got a 26.99 for 40 percent off was happy with that
    Old 07-29-2011, 06:22 AM

One day not long ago, I was in my local WM and noticed some "big" bosses in the store. I walked up to them in their little circle and said, "Excuse me, but the rumor mill is alive and well, and I just want to know what your plans are with the fabric dept." One of them replied, "We're not taking away your fabric, in fact, we are expanding the dept. so it will be bigger and better." I thanked him immensely and proceeded back to the fabric. Two times recently I have seen fabric in WM that I liked and when I went back to purchase a few days later, it was GONE! This tells me that there are a lot of people buying fabric in WM. Also, if you like it, better get it while the gettin's good.
    Old 07-29-2011, 06:55 AM

I'm in Calif. and my local store is being updated and the fabric/craft department has been cut down in size to a few rows of fabric. I asked about the department getting more fabric and was told they would be getting lots of new fabrics on bolts and the department would be made lots bigger. Whew! I was worried, I have a JoAnn's nearbuy buy wowzie the prices are crazy expensive.