Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stuck in a slump >
  • Stuck in a slump

• Stuck in a slump

Old 09-04-2011, 11:16 AM

Don't force yourself until your ready you will make a mistake quilting is fun don't make it a job we have all been thier once you get over it you won't be able to stop!!!
    Old 09-04-2011, 11:35 AM

I agree with just making something small to get that feeling of accomplishment. Maybe a cute holiday gift or table runner.
    Old 09-04-2011, 01:10 PM

Bless your heart. I wouldn't let it get me down. If it is really bothering you, how about something small and holiday-ish since we'll soon be there. Maybe a tabletopper, wallhanging or tote? Or just put it aside for awhile and recharge your battery. I have been pretty lazy this summer and blamed the heat. But I sure have read a lot of good books.
    Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Try something that can be finshed fairly quickly. Use bright colored fabric, something not your usual choice...a chicken pin cushion would be quick......You don't have to be so precise and mistakes are only a sign of personality. Go to the top of this page, click on search. Put in "I am so pretty". It was posted by Connie in Co. She is a friend and can send you for the pattern. Give yourself a pat on the back and laugh a lot.......IT is only fabric, not arms and legs.
    Old 09-04-2011, 02:54 PM

that`s why i have many hobbies....when i start being in a slum...i work on something else....i paint rocks, or work on fibre art , sew a dress, make cards....just need a change for a bit, then the first thing you`ll know you`ll miss working on a quilt...
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:38 PM

If you really are afraid to cut out something right now you could send for a kit from Quilt for Kids! It is all cut out for you and you feel so good making a quilt for a sick child !!!!! It just might get you out of your slump!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:Thinking of you, Lorraine www. quiltforkids.org
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:51 PM

i haven't been able to go in and stay in the sewing room since i lost my 21 year old fur baby that was always my helper. dosn't feel right somehow so till my slump is over i started to learn to embroider instead. so maybe try something new will help. i am finding that i am enjoying the embroidery and planning my layout for it. i only have 5 more blocks to go.
    Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Don't be Stuck!! For the longest time my fabric intimadated me because I was afraid I would cut it wrong until a great friend told me if I made a mistake I can buy more. It's not the end of the world! I love to sew and see the out come of the project I make. So get in gear and do some sewing!! :-)
    Old 09-05-2011, 02:30 AM

That's what I'm counting on - the past summer has been so unbelievably hectic. I'm looking forward to re-organizing my sewing space now that my youngest has taken her furniture to her new apartment!!
    Originally Posted by Emma S
    I always get more quilting done in the fall and winter. Maybe with autumn just around the corner your enthusiasm will return.
    Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 AM

I am at this time doing small things, apron, potholders, mug rugs, etc. just to keep my hand in untill feel like doing something bigger.