Am I alone?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by caliquocat
Does anyone else get frustrated when manufacturers discontinue products that you love & have used for years?
It has happened to me again! :cry:
It happens to me with foodstuffs, and especially at Costco. And Jimmy Dean used to have a one pound chub called "Bold" which the company quit making a few months ago. NONE of their other products are as good!
Fabrics are discontinued regularly, to make room for new lines...and keep us buying
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Laudi
Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
I have been known to buy several pair of shoes or jeans or slacks, etc., at one time if they fit just perfectly and I was afraid I would not be able to find them again....thank goodness I did too!!
Which is all very well if you're sure you're still going to fit into those slacks in a couple of years time! :lol:
That was of course back in the time when my weight and shoe size never changed.....like before menopause. haha :-D
Old 09-12-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
I have been known to buy several pair of shoes or jeans or slacks, etc., at one time if they fit just perfectly and I was afraid I would not be able to find them again....thank goodness I did too!!
You better buy them when you can. They keep trying to impose those awful styles on people. We find this happens at restaurants, too. If there is a particular dish we like, POOF! It is gone.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 AM

The worst thing is fashion. It changes so fast. Specifically pants. I find a pair of pants that look and fit well and soon they are gone. I JUST HATE IT. My husband always asks me why I buy so many pants at once. That is the reason.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:26 AM

Big Lots is a good place to look for discontinued items. I found my DD's favorite soap there after it was DC'd and really stocked up for her.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
For me, two things come to mind immediately......over the years every time i found a good bra; and my favorite Fiskars ruler with VERY thing orange lines. I'd willingly buy one from anybody offering one!

Jan in VA
A bra? :lol:
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 AM

You are most certainly not alone. I have been in your shoes on several occasions, and didn't like it at all.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 AM

Postum!! Oh how I wish I would have known they were going to stop making it!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 AM

This came out in the mid 70's, it was called Jerry Rhedken complextion bar and it smelled so good you could eat it and it felt wonderful on your face. It had a rasberry scent,I'd give anything for that soap.

There used to be a dish soap put out by Purex I think the name was Trend. I loved the smell of that soap, it almost made doing the dishes enjoyable.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM

Oh yes. Somewhere there is a warehouse full of instamatic film. It irrates me when a product is pulled or discontinued. Yet there is a surplus which they can sell, but would hoard and let it rot. Stores also stop carrying items that sell well and then cannot give you a good reason why they are no longer carrying the item.