Thank yous

Old 09-14-2011, 04:33 PM

I am with everyone on this Board. I am very hurt by the fack that no Thank Yous are ever sent anymore. Just like forgetting Grandparents Day to me! I love to give but feel it is not asking to much for a recognision for what you have given with love.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:41 PM

Well, maybe we learn who doesn't send a pic upon request and we honor folks who do show the respect and honor a simple request for a photo.
Of two mini quilts given to soldiers I do not know personally, I have pics of both. One let me take a photo upon delivery in person. I told him I would love a photo of him in uniform with the little quilt. Before he went back to active duty he had two photos taken with different views of him in uniform holding the quilt. He cried when I gave him the little quilt. Has a Bible verse of encouragement, is RWB & applique eagle.
Purchased a rv & learned the dealership's owner had a son in Afghanistan. I took a quilt to the Dad. Dad mailed the quilt to the son & within a couple of weeks I had an email of thanks with the soldier and his unit in uniform with the quilt.
100% I would say soldiers appreciate quilts. Even 24" x 24" autographable quilts sent with a pigma pen.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Suzi
I have a very simple rule and stick to it 100%. I give a gift and they either say thank you or say nothing ... from that day onward, the ones who say nothing never again receive anything from me while those who have manners and say thank you continue to receive. Hard-hearted? Possibly. But, I'm quite satisfied with my way of doing it and will continue to be so. My family knows my thoughts and feelings but get upset when the "thank you" folks receive gifts and the ones who just can't seem to get the idea, don't. Tough!
My thoughts exactly!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM

It's an odd request and one most people are uncomfortable with. Several years ago a close family member decided to do a picture clock for another family member and began calling each of us wanting photos. It was a uncomfortable situation.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM

I never give something expecting something in return. But I am with the rest that believe a Thank you is in order and why would they not want to send you a pic of the quilt. This is just a show of good manners, respect and, gee, being thankful. There is no excuse for not saying thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:18 AM

Take pictures before you send it. That is what I do.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:56 AM

The well does run dry without rain to replenish! The heart grows sad without appreciation. As life has become easier for the generations it seems that entitlement has begun to reign in the hearts of the young.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Willa
A gift given, expecting anything in return, is no longer a gift.
Thank you's though, should be sent.
As for expecting someone to send back a picture ...sorry NO. If you are there when they open your gift to them by all means ask to take the picture of them with your quilt otherwise let it go. Take a picture of your gift before you send it.
I agree here.. as for the picture..I own a camera, take plenty of pictures, but never print them all out. I have all them on CD's and picture frames..that run daily. I also know many people who just do not even own a camera or like to take pictures.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 AM

The ladies in my church were discussing this very thing just the other day. Most of us have given gifts and not gotten a thank you. One lady sent money for wedding presents and never got a single word of thanks. Wondering what's happening to our young people that they can't thank someone for a gift.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 AM

This thread reminds me of something that happened years ago. My oldest nephew was getting married and when I got the invitation I RSVP'd and drove with my older brother from Virginia to New Mexico for the wedding. I made them a wedding wall quilt with their names and the date. At the reception the bride and groom sat in chairs in the middle of the room and opened gifts. When they opened my gift, they said quite loudly..."we really wanted money". My brother was furious at their lack of manners and never gave them the check he had planned on giving them. Needless to say, there was never a thank you. The wall quilt probably went to a Goodwill or the trash when they were divorced six months later.