Overcoming Problems?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM

The Do Not Call list is wonderful! It only takes a minute to put your number on it. Do remember, people you have done business with, political calls, and charitable organizations do not have to honor the list. Anyone else, threaten to report them, that should put an end to that.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM

This is sooo funny...welcome to MY World! I get my sanity back by going to my sewing room...leave me alone time! To the telemarketers and door knockers...this is MY Life and I will not let you control it....ring and knock away. I only answer it I know who it is.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 AM

I really feel sorry for people in the position of Sandybeach but I have a problem of different kind .
Dog owners will not want to hear this but I am ready to get a divorce because of 2 untrained dogs. Their barking controls my lifestyle more than any phone calls. Cannot have company to visit , be on phone or out in yard that they don't bark. Kind of duplex house with his relatives -- have to help them financially.
We take friends on boat to entertain which is limiting.We go to Fl for winter so get a break or when they go away.
Trying to think why I get so aggravated but I own one third of the house .They got dogs then told us-- so what could we do. There is no signed contract to renigociate
and they are brothers --been told.
They just don't get how much it bothers us. I've had dogs-hubby has cat.
Hope I don't regret writing/sharing but this is second marriage so I'm the outcast. Seems can share more here than going to therapist. Actually like the location and other facets of the lifestyle.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Know how you feel. Happens to me all the time and I have a hard time getting out of my recliner. We have politicians calling now and some one calling about credit cards.
They will drive us to drink(soda pop).
Old 10-07-2011, 11:51 AM

This thread is the best medicine I have had for stress in a long time. I am laughing all my stress away. What is so funny is that I can relate to most everything.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:01 PM

in the shower or worse just waking up-who calls at 8.30 am??

I let the phone ring unless I know who it is and even then sometimes let it go to voice mail!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zspP13zYh8

ahhhhhhhhhhh ya gotta hear this!!!
I loved that, about fell off my chair. Some folks are so clever!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:00 PM

sounds just like me. were you here when that happend. except the knock at the door is the wind blowing the screen door. and the dogs to sit on the end of the recliner with me.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lindsey
If that dang company calls from citi bank to tell me its my last chance to lower my interest I am going to scream.. I have had so many last chances its not funny. I keep telling them to take me off my list but they keep calling. Sunday they called me seven times..seven.. geez
It's for those calls I kep my emergency whistle handy. Blow it once or twice and they hang up and don't generally call back.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Our telephone announces who is calling. I rarely even move when it starts ringing anymore unless it says it's my husband or one of the kids. Any other calls are usually telemarketers and I don't want to talk to them. If I do get a call from someone important, I can always call back.

But I did have to laugh a little with your story with what happened to me. The other day at work things were so crazy I just couldn't get away to use the bathroom all afternoon. Drove home after work (luckily it's only 2 blocks from home) and first thing I did was take the dogs out to the bathroom. By the time they were done and I got them back in the house I really was rushing to get to the bathroom and undo my pants, just about to sit down and the stinking doorbell rings. No way was I going to stop at that point and the stupid idiot kept ringing and ringing the doorbell. It finally stopped, but by the time I got to the door whoever it was was long gone. It was a salesman for the local phone company and came back 20 minutes later and said that he'd seen me pull in so he knew I was home and why didn't I answer the door the first time. The nerve of some people!!!