Overcoming Problems?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

I find that a nice Bourbon in my Green tea helps at times like that...
Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zspP13zYh8

ahhhhhhhhhhh ya gotta hear this!!!

:thumbup:
Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 AM

Right now I am in my recliner with the cat on my lap, the dog beside me and my coffee and laptop sitting on the end table. If the phone rings, my DH can answer it or it just rings. I have learned to not let 'things' rule me. If it's important, they will call back again and again. And guess what, rarely is it 'important'. So I rest here with my pets, drink my delicious coffee and read the board's news. Have a blessed and happy day today everyone.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM

IMHO bad news should always be delivered in person therefore no need to answer the land line at all. The machine can answer everything.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I find that a nice Bourbon in my Green tea helps at times like that...
LOL

We only have cell phones here. DH keeps his in a holder on his belt. Mine is in my purse when we go somewhere and sometimes stays there for days. Usually I take it out and put it by the laptop and camera.

I don't run for it. It will show me who called and play any voicemails people care to leave :-)
Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 AM

Caller ID and cordless phones that you can carry around with you are both worth their weight in gold.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:41 AM

One thing to relieve the stress is to remember it is your phone. You are under no obligation to answer if you do not want to. It was installed for your convenience not others. Relax, oil the chair and give the pup a cookie.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:56 AM

My answering machine say, Sorry, can't get to the phone right now. Leave a message. If it's important, call my cell phone.

Of course, unless YOU are important to me, you don't have my cell number, unless you are one of the jerks who calls to tell me you can reduce my credit rate. However...I have an option...REJECT. After that, you can call to your heart's content, and my phone will not ring. I look all these unknown numbers up on Google, NEVER call them back. You will see listings of who they are, what they wanted, etc. I figure if it was important, I will have a voice mail, right?

As far as answering the door? Four doxies will be happy to run there when the bell rings and announce there is someone at the door. I don't run for anyone. I am sure they can hear me yelling, ALRIGHT! I'll GET THE DOOR! I am sure it is NOT FOR YOU!! Anyone trying to sell me something just can't compete with four hounds in full voice, lol...so I let them talk...the hounds, I mean. My baby, Molly, will put a full grown wolf to shame, my little howler.

I used to be a Scout leader. We often took our kids out to go door to door for one reason or the other. I would watch other groups or individuals who would ring the bell, and if the door wasn't answered immediately, just turn and dash off to the next house. I told my boys to think about it, and pretend it was their grandmas and ggmas who were coming to answer. No one took off until they were sure no one was home.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 AM

I think all recliners are made to do that....lol. On a more serious side, let the machine answer the phone. Even on the DNC list I get calls from companies. I look at it this way: my money pays for that phone and if I don't want to answer it then I don't. And heaven help the phone seller who does get to talk to me cause I let him/her know they have no business using my money and invading my home to try to sell me something. All said with a smile, of course.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zspP13zYh8

ahhhhhhhhhhh ya gotta hear this!!!
Nancy, my daughter and I listened to this one together...got rather difficult to hear in some parts as we were laughing so hard!!! We are definitely going to be using this tactic the next time we feel like answering the phone for a telemarketer. Thanks for the great laugh :thumbup: :lol: