Overcoming Problems?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:18 AM

There are so many things happening that almost drive me to drink....do any of these things happen to you?
.....you are relaxing in the recliner; feet are up and your pets are on your lap - you are reading a book when the telephone rings......the pets won't get off your lap but FINALLY they jump down. The foot rest on the recliner is up and so stiff that you can't get it down...oh oh - there is the second ring.....you struggle to get out of that chair but something just won't let you...oh nooooo - there is the 3rd ring..........the answering machine will pick up after 4 rings so you are scurrying to answer before that. As you reach for the receiver, someone knocks at the door..but that phone MUST be answered first before the machine clicks on.....out of breath, you say, "hello"????"hello"?? and there on the other end is a RECORDING from a company. Your blood pressure goes up, and you run to the door to answer it...and find out it was just the door mat hitting the door from the wind blowing............
"CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY"......................am I just the only one that is so uptight??.....
Old 10-06-2011, 06:50 AM

Absolutely not!!! I really love my job. However, I can't stand the people I have to work with. They come in late, leave early, take 2 hour lunches, talk to their kids on the phone all day. Yet, "we are a TEAM" so I have to pick up their slack when they aren't there. I go home every night ready to strangle someone. Get this, on my evaluation, I got pinged because our supply room is not spotless all the time, even though 250 people can get a key with no trouble and they go in there and make a mess and drop off boxes of used stuff. And, by the way, I get yelled at if I am not at my desk to answer the phone when the other two are gone. So NO you are not alone.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

he, he, he. I know just how you feel.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 AM

I know how you feel. I too have had issues with the recliner. And dogs. And that cell phone that isn't in my pocket or on the end table. And the toxic workplace. Glad I am done with that! Ha Ha.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 AM

Yes had a day like that yesterday. It ended with my dish washer going out big time. Today go shopping for new one.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:10 AM

Our machine rings 6 times before answering - long enough for DH to get to the phone. We had caller ID. Now we have U-verse and the ID shows up on the TV screen.

Most of the telemarketer/politicians ring 3-5 times and hang up. Some hang in and start their automated sales pitch as soon as our machine says "Thank you for calling..." so all we hear is the tail end of their pitch. Others hang in and cut off without leaving a message as soon as they hear our machine.

We don't even try to pick up the phone anymore since at least 95% of the calls are of this type. If they don't think we're worth a message, they are most certainly not worth any effort on out part.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

I hate it when I hurry to answer and it's one of those recorded calls.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 AM

Maybe we can all consider this a cleansing purge?? It seems like there are more and more things that bug the **** out of me. In this area, you are going down the highway at 65 mph, and then on the crossroads, there is a car that wants to get to the other side, soooooooooo he pulls in FRONT of you! Can't they wait for 15 seconds???

Orrr, driving down the road, someone passes you and then gets in front and slows down.

Orrrrrrrrr, you go to a dr who takes xrays and tells you the diagnosis, You take the xrays to another doc and he said there is NOTHING on the xrays that substantiates that.

Whew! I am getting lighter by the minute - thank you for airing my peeves!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zspP13zYh8

ahhhhhhhhhhh ya gotta hear this!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:37 AM

I have no land-line, only a cell, which I conveniently leave in a pocket in my purse where half the time I can't hear it ring. I figure if it is good new or bad news, the news will still be there when I get around to checking my phone. If you come to my door, be prepared to stand there a while. I'll get there when I can and if you are a friend, you have been instructed to simply let yourself in anyway! I don't run to answer the phone or door anymore, now the only thing that makes me run is the baby crying or fresh brownies coming out of the oven! :thumbup: