Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Quilter's Message Board is Like a Party Line of Friends >

The Quilter's Message Board is Like a Party Line of Friends

The Quilter's Message Board is Like a Party Line of Friends

Old 10-12-2011, 07:19 AM

This is the best board ever. I agree with Dretha "best part of waking up is folgers in my cup and quilting board. After morning prayers it is the best thing that I do in the morning. Thank you to everyone who provide inspiration and ideas and just asking the questions that sometimes even old quilters have forgotten how to do or take for granted. Have a great quilting day everyone!!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by johnnietate1225
When I open my e-mail each morning and see my message from the Quilting Board, it is like receiving messages from several of my friends at one time - kind of like being on a Party Line with friends.

I love the great posts of information and encouragement each of you give each other!

Thank you friends.
Yes, yes, yes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:35 AM

I agree with each of you, this Board is like having quilting friends next door all the time. First thing I do in the a.m. is check the board, even before I ck email or FB. In my short time here I've received very positive encouragement in any and/or all of my questions. Like someone else, I'm new to quilting and sometimes I know I have silly questions but always get kind patient answers.

I'm older, retired and don't get out much in my little community but enjoyed the companionship of all of your folks. Thanks again.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM

My family has become used to my time in the morning on the QB.....coffee and fun reading each morning. The best way to start the day, and end it!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:09 AM

I have more confidence in myself and my quilting since I've been a member here. Everyone is so encouraging and ready to lift my spirits up when I'm down. Thank you all today for sharing your lives with me here. Yes it does seem like a big happy family. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:40 AM

Thank you, friends for being with me as I drink my morning coffee.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 AM

when i open my e-mail and see the Quilting Board is ready to be read i have to stop what i am doing and sit here for about a hour !!!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM

I love this board-my DH has even remarked that I seem to have an outlet-he worries I will become a hermit-female version-I enjoy the topics and the care and the helping hand freely given.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcousin
YUP......it's my start to each and every day. Great tips, beautiful inspirational quilts, help and advice, patterns, friendship, support and more. All in one place? What more could you ask! For sure it was my greatest online "find."
I agree!!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM

I agree that this QB is like family. I visit every day, and have to limit myself in order to get sewing done!We share ideas, joy, sorrow, prayers, pictures, and good company, never fearing criticism and we are protected from "junk" by our moderators. We get jokes, and quilt shows,recipes,new ideas,tutorials. I never watch TV because the subject matter is much better here. Always something to read. Thanks again for being here. I am so pleased to be part of this group.