Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making today? >

What are you making today?

What are you making today?

Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 AM

I'm washing clothes and baking pies then I may work on either a mending job I took in yesterday or on "Jahnga's fantasy garden".
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM

No sewing for me today I'm cleaning/organizing my house today to get ready for Thanksgiving on Thursday. However, after my Black Friday shopping at Joann's on Friday (yes, I'm insane) I will be sewing the remainder of the day on Friday and all day Saturday. I have to finish my hubby's quilt and start on my son's quilt for Christmas (with matching pillowcases *and* curtains - talk about ambitious!!)
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]377287[/ATTACH]I am hoping to finish my dunkard's path quilt top.

Headed to town this afternoon to pick out the sweat shirt for the jacket I'm making for DD's neighbor girl. I've finished 8 or so (didn't count) bigger yo-yos and 3 folded diamond patches that will be the pockets on the jacket. Then I'm starting a sweatshirt jacket for myself.

And I've got a several (over 5) Little girls Christmas dresses to finish up----------to give for St. Nick gifts in a couple weeks.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM

Becca, your green and beige star is very pretty.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 AM

Love the drunkard path colors. Nice choice.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:12 AM

I'm baking two pumpkin pies and just finished polishing my silver tea service.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 AM

The other day I learned at my quilt guild how to make fabric covered laundry rope baskets. My first one turned out beautiful. I posted it to Daughter, sister,and brother...asking what colors they would like one made from. This one turned out big enough to be a trash basket. They all had reasons why they didn't want one. It just totally escapes them that I love doing things like this and they would have a part of me. The next day I met a cousin for breakfast. I took it and some other quilting things with me to show off to her. When she saw the basket it took her breath away. Before I could ask her if she wanted it...she asked if I could make her one. I gave her that one. Since, I made 2 more. One to use for whatever strikes me...and another even larger one with a matching lid to store fabric in. Such fun! Even if I am the only one who appreciates it. So today am finishing that up and then am making some doll clothes for my baby doll I got 51 years ago. Got a pattern back during the summer..but the mood didn't strike until last night. lol My family does not anything I might make so I'm good. No rushing to finish anything!!!! They all told me they don't want a quilt years ago...so that saved that anxiety to make them one. I am just enjoying my time.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 PM

I am quilting up a storm to finish up my 1st and last commissioned quilt. The recipient paid me half up front and 2nd half on delivery and want to quibble over the price but I didn't cave. She's getting the backing, batting and quilting all for $50 for a 42 X 54 inch quilt. No I am not skimping on the quilting either and I'm using the good (read expensive) thread to boot nor did I skimp on the fabrics. Total cost will be $100 and she wants to quibble. Sorry for the rant.
I have a bit of quilting on the upper portion then the borders to quilt and then the binding to attach. Not a lot but I also have work to finish up, baking and the quilt is sue next Tuesday.
Truthfully, I am wondering what her reaction will be when she sees the finished quilt.
Chris
Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM

No quilting going on, except in my mind. Ran errands, did laundry, took a long walk. Just finishing processing a winter squash for Thanksgiving. A little reading and knitting tonight. Must watch Dancing with the Stars, my truly guilty pleasure. Think once it starts snowing, I'll feel a little more contented to spend long hours in the sewing room.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 PM

Love your colors in DP. I've yet to make a DP even though I bought the Curvemaster several years ago. Today I hope to add last two rows of BQ, cut sashing for a red and white quilt, all blocks completed. Will also continue with embroidering blocks for kids quilts. Love my embroidery machine. I'm really starting to feel like I'm achieving things since I moved into my new sewing room. I don't spend half the day looking for stuff in bin, bags etc. Now if I just get off the computer- who knows what I might achieve.