what to do

Old 01-24-2014, 05:21 AM

Don't know where you are but last year around this time I participated in a 12 shop "Shop Hop" last year in the Tampa area while we were camping in Lakeland.

http://www.bayareashophop.com/

Shop hop is over but still great shops to visit. Recently while camping in Daytona, we visited Quilt Shop of Deland and a newer shop Ms Dee's Quilts, 305 St Johns St, Palatka.

If you don't have a pc, go to library and google Florida quilt shops.

GOOD LUCK
Old 01-24-2014, 07:42 AM

How about getting to a fabric shop or Wal-Mart and starting a Cathedral Window.
I took mine along with me when I worked and had to travel weekly.
It is a beautiful quilt and squares can be kept in a small space.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:11 AM

I like something to do by hand while I watch tv at night, and have done some hexes, but I decided to teach myself to crochet. ( it doesn't all fall off the needles like knitting!) and have made 2 afghans and numerous dishcloths ( mostly just for practice). They aren't any great works of art, but I have found that I do enjoy it - not as much as quilting, but it's easily portable and I end up with something useful, just like in quilting.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM

We are full-time RVer's living in a big Motorhome. I have all my sewing/embroidery machines with me along with a basketful of fabric. We are currently enjoying Southern California and temps in the low 80's. When I feel the need to visit or find a new friend I just put my machine outside on the picnic table and "poof" I get people stopping by all the time. I don't even have to be working on anything !

I agree with everyone else ... get a machine ! ...... New, used, whatever but get out there and meet folks/ start a project. Nothing is as boring as having many ideas going thru your head and not being able to create them.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

i would get yarn or like nan said some quilt blocks at wallys i always take project along have a bag of yoyos in my car lol
Old 01-24-2014, 06:02 PM

Where are you staying in FL? I see you are from my home town.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:49 AM

Cool Crafting Dilemma

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
I'd head for the Goodwill stores looking for a used portable machine--inexpensive and you'll find other needed supplies there as well. You'll be creating a masterpiece in no time.
I agree with Mermaid. A Goodwill store may be the answer to your dilemma without breaking the bank. Craig's List may also prove a helpful resource. Good luck and happy RVing !