Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Muliple quilts >

Muliple quilts

Muliple quilts

Old 07-14-2015, 03:03 AM

Yep 2-3 different projects going on at one time too
Old 07-14-2015, 03:15 AM

I have probably 15 items (table runners, pillow shams, wall hangings, plus 2 bed quilts ) waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. There are 2 large quilt tops in progress - while I love a challenging project, I get bored because they also take longer. So I commit to finishing a row (if complicated) then switch to the other one for awhile. I also have 6 project boxes with unfinished items.....and now it's time to get started on Christmas stuff !!! And I really need to get started on quilting my very large halloween wall hanging "Spooky"....need to get it done before our annual Halloween costume party !!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:22 AM

Wow so many organised people! I have loads of ideas which i tend to mark out on graph paper and colour in while Im doing one... but the reason i asked this question is (if you have seen my previous thread) I have lost a teeeny bit of heart with the one Im working on ATM because of the seam debacle, and I thought starting another may take my mind off it now I know its normal!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:34 AM

At this month's guild meeting, I had thirteen (!!!) show and tells projects. Sad to say, twelve of them have been in my UFO pile for a long time. They needed borders. Some of the borders had been cut and folded inside the incomplete tops; others had the border fabric folded inside the quilt top. Can you tell that I really don't like doing borders?

Currently there are two tops hanging on the "observation pole" so I can step back and look at them. One is for my wife's 50th class reunion in late August, the other a class project from last week. Guess what? They both need the borders done to be ready for quilting! I must send myself to the corner, I suppose, for being such a bad boy about borders.

By the way, I have another design ready to begin. This one, I think, will be done without borders. Ha! Ha!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:40 AM

Always more of everything going...except meals!! Books, quilts, embroideries, yes, more than one at a time. My SIL died last year, and I finished the embroidery she was working on for her friend. So I am trying to get everything under control to have only one unfinished project left for someone. (Not planning my demise soon, but one never knows.)
Old 07-14-2015, 05:16 AM

I always have at least two quilts going at one time. I don't know if you have heard of the Leaders and Enders idea. I cut out a simple quilt that is rather easy, but pretty, and I use that as my Leader and Ender. I know Bonnie Hunter is the person most people think of who started this but I actually got it from Marsha McClosky several years ago. You start out sewing with the simple quilt and then end with it under the needle. In between you sew on your other quilt. Right now I have about 6 quilts in progress and they are in their own separate plastic bags that I keep nearby.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:43 AM

Just like the majority of you quilters I also have several quilts going at one time. I like the option of cutting, piecing or quilting. Whatever I feel like doing on any given day. My mind is always on my next project also. Just a never ending cycle but SO much fun!
Old 07-14-2015, 07:46 AM

I've only got 2 at present as I am cutting down my quilting. Delft quilt which I've dome 25 centre blocks and am working on the borders now. Only go to class once a month so I hope to finish in the beginning of 2016.
the second quilt is a commission for a friend to give her father. Just assembling the fabric at present.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 AM

I do try to have one in piecing (machine work) and one in quilting (hand work). Maybe if I am jumping ahead, I buy the fabric for the next one and a million in my head LOL. I also keep a running Bucket List on Pinterest. I find I do not like messy. Between quilts I clean up my sewing room, not scrubbing but try to put everything back where I can find it. Clean my sewing machine really good between quilts. Just trying to control the chaos!!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:50 AM

As a "quilt-aholic", these days during my 8th decade are spent sewing tops for a few long-distance friends (they always provide quality fabrics), trying to downsize my meagre "stash" of odds and ends by making small projects such
as Table Toppers/Mug Rugs/Wallhangings; then there are always new ideas/projects to tackle for selling via EBay.