Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
is this quilt worth quilting? >

is this quilt worth quilting?

is this quilt worth quilting?

Old 11-19-2017, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by mtkoldra View Post
Maybe from the very beginning my heart was not into making this quilt and this is what happens when I make blocks and then do not pay attention how I put them together.
I do not know what to think about this quilt. I, both like it and don't. It was made with a 'Poppy Celebration' fabric line, jelly roll. For the longest time I did not know what to do with it. Wish that there were more of some colors and less of others but wanted to use it up.
Would love to hear some honest opinions to help me make the decision as to if I should attempt to quilt it or not.
thank you.
You put a lot of work into it. To me it looks nice, i like the colors, the blocks are placed different, but to me it works. Show it to many Friends and family and see what their reaction is. You will find they like it. I just put borders on a quilt for a Friend, who felt like you, she did not like her quilt, I liked it, finished the border, quilted it and now she likes it. Hope same happens to you, it not, you can always donate.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:12 AM

It's a nice quilt. But I totally understand if you just don't like it enough to quilt it. I have made several tops that I have donated to my Guild's Community Quilts group to finish off and donate. Nothing wrong with them, they aren't ugly or old just not my style. If you don't have an objection to quilting it, a finished quilt is always appreciated by someone.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by tebill View Post
Quilt it for sure! I'm always amazed after completing a quilt topper how much they change when they're quilted. It will be beautiful after you add the quilting! You did a great job so I'm excited to see the final finished quilt!
Ditto...........
Old 11-19-2017, 05:25 AM

Please quilt and finish your project. You may change your mind, someone you show it to may like it, or someone in need may need it.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:32 AM

I like it just the way it is - it would be a wonderful kidney comforter or sunshine quilt - if you seriously do not want it I will pay for the postage to mail it to me - it seems we never have enough charity quilts - I broke my shoulder the end of May and I am far behind on my donations!
Old 11-19-2017, 05:44 AM

I think it's lovely, but if you really don't care for it, it's your time and it's a lot of time and effort to spend looking at something that you don't care for when you could be working on something that makes you smile.

If you belong to a guild or have one in your area, they'd love to have it for their charity programme.

Watson
Old 11-19-2017, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Yes!! I love it, you will like it better after it's quilted.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:46 AM

Really nice quilt, I would definitely quilt it!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:53 AM

I really like it and would definitely suggest you quilt it!! Sometimes if we're not sure about a piece, the quilting makes or breaks it. If you don't like it, give it away! Mistakes are merely design opportunities! ;-)
Old 11-19-2017, 07:18 AM

Well, what else would you do with it? Won”t do any good on a shelf! There are a lot of quilts that come to life after quilting. Git “er done! Good Christmas colors.