Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting >
  • New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

• New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

Old 12-29-2017, 08:16 PM

My goals this year are to decrease UFO's and not buy fabric that just adds to my stash. So here goes. I'll LA a quilt that's been in that stage for several years. Even the back is ready. When that's finished I'll re-assess.
    Old 12-29-2017, 08:41 PM

I'm in. Been making Churn Dash blocks for the swap, so will continue with that.

I tidied my sewing/guest room (for my sister, who sadly had to cancel her trip here) . But it needs a good vacuuming and dusting, including dealing with dust under the bed.

Too dang cold to want to go anywhere, but if I do, it'll be the quilt shop, to spend my gift card from hubby!
    Old 12-29-2017, 09:45 PM
    Power Poster

I'll be hanging with you all, too. I'm another BHMQ-er, but I'm caught up. I have a couple of charity tops I need to quilt, and I'm also prepping fabric for the Boom swap. Who knows what else I might get into. I will not be venturing out into the cold... and we are supposed to get snow on Sunday. Planning to stay home and inside for days, so I will be quilting!
    Old 12-30-2017, 02:07 AM

I'm in. Before I begin to think of sewing anything I need to sort my sewing room, can barely get to the sewing machine. So tidy up, clean room and machine. I have some blocks made for a small (pram) size baby quilt which I'm planning to complete this weekend.
    Old 12-30-2017, 04:31 AM

I will be putting a binding on the quilt I just longarmed on Thursday and then on to Clue 6 of BH’s mystery.
    Old 12-30-2017, 04:38 AM

I am hoping to finish the blocks for my queen size quilt today. Tomorrow, I hope to start sewing them together.
    Old 12-30-2017, 04:50 AM

Well I started yesterday and so far have cleared off all the stuff stacked on my big ironing board. Now today after shoveling out to my studio, if I get that done, I will finish off a couple of started blocks. After that I want to clean the keyboard for my computer (it is all part of my sewing studio). Then I think I will start getting a quilt assembled and pinned to my LA and get it going. I will be lucky to get that much done!!!!
    Old 12-30-2017, 05:01 AM

Yesterday I went an hour and a half away to pick up my DGD big-girl-bed quilt from the LA. In the afternoon I did the binding. Then on to the hand finish and wash. Here it is laid out sideways on a king bed. My DDIL picked out the pattern and provided the batiks to make it a rainbow quilt (red-violet). She envisions DGD using it for all of her childhood and taking it with her to college. Today I hope to do the cutting for the merrymayhem NYD quilt along.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586228[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails ellysquilt.jpg  
    Old 12-30-2017, 05:28 AM

A while back I cut up all of my fat quarters (over 400) into charm packs. Now I'm turning those into half square triangles because there are over 25 different blocks that can be made using them. I've already made a beautiful table runner out of some of the blues and creams for my mothers French Provencal desk I'm going to redo in the spring. Today I'll work on a runner for the top of the cedar chest. From there a quilt for one of the beds. Always something to keep me busy.
    Old 12-30-2017, 06:05 AM

Bonnie revealed clue #7 this morning. From what I read, we might be getting one a day now. Sew the geese together, brown on the bottom. Now I am torn, do I do the geese or work on curtains? Of course sitting in the recliner with coffee, online, I am not getting anything done. LOL