Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" >
  • Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

• Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Old 12-19-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm not stressed out because what gets done gets done. I didn't promise anything to anybody. Sometime I get it done and sometimes I buy something. I went to a piano bar this afternoon and this morning my sister and law was over helping my son learn piano. Just have a fun filled holiday everybody.
    Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM

I never promise anyone anything either! I know myself to well. The only problem is that with me being a SAHM, funds are always tight and making things is a have to this year. I am sure some of you are in the boat with me. Make them or not have anything.
    Old 12-19-2009, 05:49 PM

fatnsassy - would you be willing to share your casserole carrier pattern or where you found it. What a great idea for SIL's.
    Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
    I never promise anyone anything either! I know myself to well. The only problem is that with me being a SAHM, funds are always tight and making things is a have to this year. I am sure some of you are in the boat with me. Make them or not have anything.
    What is SAHM?
    Both of us are retired and I really understand your comment. thank God for good sales and a good size stash to fall back on when I want to quilt!
    Old 12-19-2009, 06:55 PM

Well, I have three table runners in the works. I've already sent my children all I can make and get it there in time for the day. I just bought some pink ribbon survivor fabric for my DM and my SIL. I'm making a wall hanging for each of them.

Yesterday, I just bound one runner, today, I couldn't even get into my sewing room to sew. Tomorrow is another day, wish me luck!!
    Old 12-19-2009, 06:59 PM

I still have a lap quilt to do I have wrapped one gift only I have made 8 handbags and 10 stockings I have 2 baby quilts to quilt i made 6 cat head pin cushions and 2 aprons the house is decorated but not the tree I have 9 batches of cookies to bake and I made a monster batch of fudge I work Mon thru Wed this week will bake and cook thurs and Thurs nite will go to my moms on Fri and have Cmnas with our kids in January when I must have 4 doll outfits and 2 doll quilts ready the n I will finish my dresden plate quilt and hope I dont freeze first
    Old 12-19-2009, 07:12 PM

I finished everything Friday morning. If I never see red & green fabric again I'll be a happy girl. Everyone is getting handmade gifts this year except grandkids. I made 6 table runners, 4 toppers, and 2 wall hangings. My house is decorated (I didn't clean--just decorated over the dust and I'll use candles and keep the lights low LOL). I hope everyone gets done what needs to be and can sit back and enjoy Christmas in what ever way they chose. Joy to all!!
    Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
    cjc

I have completely finished 2 lap quilts for the little girls down the road, I have one more to finish..I am quilting it now. I have the top finished for a very large throw for a Christmas/house warming for some good friends...it's not looking for that one to be finished. I have the fabric for another but that isn't even cut. I don't know what happened to November and December..last I knew it was Halloween. And did I mention that my mother asked me last Saturday to make a Mini Miranda (bag by Lazy Girl) for her to give as a gift...I finished that yesterday. I should be sewing now.
    Old 12-19-2009, 07:33 PM

Two quilts to finish. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!Cookies and candy to make. It's gonna be close.
    Old 12-19-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by betlinsmom
    I still have a lap quilt to do I have wrapped one gift only I have made 8 handbags and 10 stockings I have 2 baby quilts to quilt i made 6 cat head pin cushions and 2 aprons the house is decorated but not the tree I have 9 batches of cookies to bake and I made a monster batch of fudge I work Mon thru Wed this week will bake and cook thurs and Thurs nite will go to my moms on Fri and have Cmnas with our kids in January when I must have 4 doll outfits and 2 doll quilts ready the n I will finish my dresden plate quilt and hope I dont freeze first
    OMG! Cat head pincushions!! What is the pattern name and company? This is a must have pattern! Please share!!