Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is There a Hand Cream for Quilters? >

Is There a Hand Cream for Quilters?

Is There a Hand Cream for Quilters?

Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Anne-have you tried Udder Cream? It soaks in quickly and will not leave any grease on your fabric. Some quilt and fabric stores sell it and I have even seen it at Walmart before.

http://www.uddercream.com/
That is what I was told to do when I took knitting lessons. It doesn't transfer.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:59 PM

I use CANUS. Goat's Milk Moisturizing Lotion. I have lots of allergies and dry skin and this works well. It is not at all greasy. It is made in Canada and US address is Waterbury, Vermont, 802-2441372. I have used many of the previously mentioned ones but really prefer this one.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:10 PM

When using hand cream only use a very small amount first. Rub this into hands, if more is needed use small amounts each time. If you start out with a large amount of cream it is almost impossible to rub in all into your hands without leaving a greasy film on hands.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

Eucerin original cream in a jar helps. Use it at night, with cotton gloves on if you can. This really helps skin become soft and healthy.

For day use, Cerave is really good. It is not sticky or greasy like the Eucerin but has a similar effect. The cream version in a jar is better than the lotion, IMO, because it is heavy enough to stay on until you wash it off. Cerave is not available in all pharmacies, so you may need to check a few before finding it.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for all of the information. I had not heard of some of these before. I love when people from all over give information.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:08 PM

Pinetar Soap also available at Rite Aid stores---I bathe my dogs with it.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:45 AM

The little beeswax bar is called Bee Bar (go figure!! :lol: ) And they have a website. It's really good....trust me!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:06 AM

I swear by Gold Bond Ultra Healing. Its kinda expensive but it last through several hand washings.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:12 AM

I just checked out the Bee Bar site. It really looks good! I wondered if you meant Burt's Bees, which I've tried, but it didn't work well for me. I may try this. Normally, I prefer unscented lotion, but recently I've been using an Avon vanilla scented lotion and just love it. Bee Bar has both, plus lavender and another one (tropics?). Thanks, jijack!

I have some Eucerin now, but I don't care for it at all. I've tried the Avon heavy duty cream and it's one of those that turns my hands bright red. I've tried Keri, no luck. Cornhusker's Lotion, no luck. I've used Vaseline's Intensive Care on and off after they did away with my beloved ActiveHands :cry: and it feels good on my hands, but it doesn't have the healing properties that the ActiveHands had. I'm going to try some of the ones mentioned, too. It's very hard to work with fabric when your fingers are all wrapped in bandaids. (Not to mention how hard it is to pick your nose. :mrgreen: )
Old 01-01-2010, 03:23 AM

What qreat sense of humor you have!!! Too funny. Hope you find something for your hands I know mine will crack and bleed if I don't keep after them especially when it is below freezing outside.