Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Design board - self adhesive to the wall >
  • Design board - self adhesive to the wall

• Design board - self adhesive to the wall

Old 05-01-2010, 03:59 AM

I did the same thing, only I got the larger size foam and lean it against the wall. Works great.
    Old 05-01-2010, 04:55 AM

My DH put up an 8' X 8' piece of Warm n Natural on a wall not used it the basement where my sewing area is. He attached it to a wooden board 1X2 on the top and bottom then did "nail" it to the very top of the wall where, if I ever take down, the holes wouldn't show. Works great without pins but when the quilt is put together and heavy, I pin.
    Old 05-01-2010, 05:02 AM

I went to the dollar store and bought a flannel lined table cover. My son put cup hooks up near the ceiling I hung the cloth there. My blocks stay until I take it down. The flannel board is easy to put up and down too. Works for me and hardly any cost. Jolo
    Old 05-01-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
    In a hanging wall, does the flannel really hold the blocks well? Seems like they would just fall off. Or do you have to pin?
    Flannel seems to work for me. I just use push pins to hold up the two pieces.
    Old 05-01-2010, 05:28 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    I don't know of anyone who has used this, but I've seen ads for it too.
    http://www.blockbutler.com/cart/
    Use one only if you won't mind glue residue on your wall.
    Old 05-01-2010, 05:33 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by gail-r
    I made my own just a few weeks ago. I got a peice of white foam insulation board from Home Depot, it was already cut to 4' x 2'x1" (you could get a big 4' x 8' if you want bigger) then I used plain white flannel and spray adheasive and covered the top and sides of the board. Then used double sided carpet tape to stick it to the wall. Works great and very inexpensive. I think the board was 1.99, flannel 2.99 and tape was 2.97. I had spray adheasive at home.
    that is a great way to do it.
    I have a large vinyl tablecloth attached backside out with 2 push pins. there are 3 16" blocks adhering right now, no pins.
    Old 05-01-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by gail-r
    I made my own just a few weeks ago. I got a peice of white foam insulation board from Home Depot, it was already cut to 4' x 2'x1" (you could get a big 4' x 8' if you want bigger) then I used plain white flannel and spray adheasive and covered the top and sides of the board. Then used double sided carpet tape to stick it to the wall. Works great and very inexpensive. I think the board was 1.99, flannel 2.99 and tape was 2.97. I had spray adheasive at home.
    I made mine very similar to this, using 4'x8' foam board. I had Home Depot score (not all the way through) the length and it folds up nicely. I store it behind a door when not in use. Limited wall space, so I lean it against a closet when I need to use it. Oh, and it is movable too. I'm in a two bedroom condo part of the year, sewing supplies in one bedroom, but I sew at the dining room table.
    Old 05-01-2010, 06:44 AM

I have one called a Block Butler, and I absolutely love it. It sort of loses its stick with use, but I keep a spray bottle of water close by and give it a spritz when I need to. The blocks stick beautifully. It is a great help when I'm putting blocks together. You can find it online. Just do a search for "block butler" and you'll find it.
    Old 05-01-2010, 07:15 AM

My Baltimore Album teachers used one of those folding cutting boards, flannel and curtain rods that extend with the curved ends that help stabilize it. I wish I had a picture to show but maybe will get one.
    Old 05-01-2010, 08:06 AM
    prm

I purchased a folding cardboard display board (like the kids use for science fair projects etc.) in Staples, covered it with flannel and stand it up on 2 chairs. The pieces of quilting stick to the flannel with no problem.

Phyllis M.