Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't be the ONLY one with this problem LOL >

I can't be the ONLY one with this problem LOL

I can't be the ONLY one with this problem LOL

Old 06-22-2010, 03:25 AM

Let's see, only 5? Just wait awhile and you will have more in the wings! I have,,,,fish quilt, jar quilt, blue flannel, rose flannel, flower applique, ladybug applique, BILs brown quilt, GSs bug applique, and quite a bit more that I haven't seen in awhile,,,,,I used to have a list....somewhere...
Old 06-22-2010, 03:30 AM

My machine is being serviced so I am doing a lot of cutting.....I mean a lot !!!!!

Will get all these pattern pieces cut and labeled and ready for when the baby gets home.

I have so many that I didn't know which one to start first......

so, NO, you are not alone.

MaryJaen
Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by cinjosie
I have a friend who only has the fabric of her current quilt in her home and buys no more until that quilt is completed! I tel her all the time "that's just not normal!"
Honestly, I wish I had this kind of self discipline. The fact that I have so many projects planned is starting to overwhelm me. I have the type of personality that really needs to have things lined up and neatly in order (I'm not OC though). It's getting a little out of control for me so I'm going to try very hard not to shop around online until this list gets a little smaller. That's my plan at this moment anyways. :)
Old 06-22-2010, 04:59 AM

You have quilt pox, my dear, this is one of the side effects. You are just like the rest of us, and happy to say, there is NO cure!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:20 AM

Just think how much money you'll save by buying now and putting the project on hold then what the cost would be in 5 to 10 years. I still have temptations to get started from 1998 and before.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 AM

Only 5 you are doing well! The guild I belong to has a UFO prize each year. So every September we have to hand in a list of UFO's we have and then for every one that we bring in finished, we get our name added to a draw at the end of the year. Well this year I had 2 pages of UFO's! And I'm moving in a month so I'm sure as I'm packing and unpacking I'll be adding more to that list.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 AM

I keep my projects in piizza boxes and right now my sewing room looks like Luigi's Pizza Parlor. But, somehow, it all gets done . I like to bounce around and am never bored. Keep buying and dreaming.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Only 5? Let's talk, girl! I have lost count. I try to keep the fabric together for future quilts, but sometimes I dig into it, anyway.
Oh, you are SO my type of quilter! I have a whole wall of totes with WIP's inside -- some are one to a tote, some totes have as many as 4 inside. Pitiful, yes. But I'm never 'stuck' on what to work on! lol I do often put aside one I'm working on to begin another, & not always because I'm asked to start one. Somtimes simply 'cuz I want to!! I could never be so rigid as to follow a list 1 2 3--life isn't that way, why should quilting be??!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:25 AM

That's what we call the beginning of a stash - LOL
I didn't have WIPs until I joined 2 exchanges here last year.

I have enough Black and White blocks for 3 quilts ~ no, I made a quilt out of themyet, but I bought fabric for the sashes = MORE stash.

I have enough Christmas Dear Jane blocks for a lap quilt or 3 table runners depending on how I sash them or put plain blocks + sashes between them. And OF COURSE I cought new fabric to make my DJ blocks. Why on earth would I use my stash?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by taiboo
I have a LIST of quilts (purchased fabrics etc.) for them...I honestly have about 5 just waiting around to be cut/sewn etc.
You only have 5 waiting? _ :shock:_

Count me in; do it all the time.