Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok...silly question, but...... >

Ok...silly question, but......

Ok...silly question, but......

Old 06-26-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by granniebj
I want to meet other quilters in my area! The town I live near has over 20,000 people and I have yet to meet anyone who quilts! I've hung out at the quilts entered into the county fair, but the only comments I heard around me were, "I wish I could do that!" We don't have a store that sells fabric. There was a really small quilt show last year at our Applefest, but I was out of town! I know they're out there! I've googled quilt groups and gilds, but was never able to find any that were closer then say 30 miles. Should I take out an ad in the local paper "lonely quilter wants a quilt friend?" lol...I know I know....this group is almost the same thing! Love it in here!
There are NO silly questions on this site! Every question is important!

Other's have asked the same in the responses... Where in OH are you?? anywhere around Lorain, OH?? on Lake Erie?? There are a few guilds in the area...Amherst and Vermilion and I believe Westlake too!
For more info, contact me "privately" through this site (private messages in the menu above).
cpfrog
Old 06-26-2010, 04:50 PM

I wish you lived next door to me.I would love a good quilting friend!!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 PM

Google Meetup Groups to see if there is a Meetup quilting group in your area.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 PM

We have a Vocational School that teaches all sorts of classes.. heavy duty stuff.. but they also have classes on wood carving and golf..photography and quilting... perhaps you have one in your area.. or one that's close enough to take a few weeks class from. Generally the art/craft classes are shorter than the auto machanic or heat and air type classes!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:53 PM

I want to meet other quilters in my area! The town I live near has over 20,000 people and I have yet to meet anyone who quilts! I've hung out at the quilts entered into the county fair, but the only comments I heard around me were, "I wish I could do that!" We don't have a store that sells fabric. There was a really small quilt show last year at our Applefest, but I was out of town! I know they're out there! I've googled quilt groups and gilds, but was never able to find any that were closer then say 30 miles. Should I take out an ad in the local paper "lonely quilter wants a quilt friend?" lol...I know I know....this group is almost the same thing! Love it in here!
You could go to you county extendation agency and ask them about the fair and differnt kind of show that let you enter crafts. You might find the quilter that way.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by texas granny
You could go to you county extendation agency and ask them about the fair and differnt kind of show that let you enter crafts. You might find the quilter that way.
What a great idea! Quilters come out of the woodwork for fairs!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:05 PM

Is there an LDS church in your town? There's sure to be a quilting group there, if not a formal guild. Many other churches also have quilting groups, as well as county-funded community centers. You're bound to find something close by! Good luck!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:42 PM

Hey granniebj, I'm in Canton, Ohio. How close are you to me? I'm 57 and have 7 wonderful grandchildren. Sounds like we have a lot in common already!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Power Poster

taking out an ad in your local paper sounds really good to me.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:46 PM

Check with the quilt shops in your area