Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What happened to hairnets or ponytails? >

What happened to hairnets or ponytails?

What happened to hairnets or ponytails?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM

I agreee!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:40 PM

You are too funny. Larry the Cable guy says those girls at Hooters need hairnets & not for there heads.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:54 PM

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, I have long hair, and ALWAYS pull it back especially before I go into the kitchen! I would be totally grossed out even if its my own. Hair doesn't belong in or around food period.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Talking about sweets. I have 3 boys, now college aged men but when they were younger and had birthday parties or went to birthday parties they and I hated eating the cake after someone blew out the candles so I always made seperate cup cakes for the candle blowing so we were not eating someone elses sliva. Maby this is wierd but we all felt the same way so at lease at my house we could cut down on the sliva by having the candles on seperate cup cakes and left the birthday cake for everyone to share sliva free.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 PM

When I was younger I worked in food service & in a bakery, everyone had to wear hair nets & gloves. We couldn't have any hair hanging out, anywhere. I remember a lot of kids wouldn't work in food service because they hated how they looked in the hair nets. A few years ago I took a part time job at a famous hamburger joint. They didn't even supply hair nets If your hair touched your collar you had to wear your hair back & everyone wore a cap. Most of the employees had long bangs or hair styled to hang down the sides of their face & no one would say anything. Another thing I have noticed, are these people wearing gloves just to keep their hands clean??? We used to go through a lot of gloves when I worked, you HAD to change them all the time. Now days they seem to keep the same pair on forever. I see them punch in your order on their screen, ring up the cash register, get your money (the dirtiest thing to handle), give you your change, wrap your food, then hand it to you. Customer after customer & never change their gloves!!!! Why have a lot of managers gotten so laxed on this? It use to be part of their job to watch for this & correct their employees. Sorry this is so long.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Banned

I don't like any type of hair in or around food. when I cook I bleach the counters before I cook, because cat hair floats very easy. God bless. Penny
Old 07-15-2010, 04:43 AM

I feel the same way, especially in restaurants when they serve your food and bend down and their hair comes forward. I watch "Cake Boss" and "Ace of Cakes" (which is in Baltimore) and wonder why the local health department doesn't watch and say something about the hygiene practices.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:44 AM

I have been wondering the same thing.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:52 AM

Here's another thing, how about restaurants that post signs in their restrooms reminding employees to wash their hands and the instructions! Are you kidding me? I'm not a food service employee but even I know enough to wash my hands when I finish using the BR!yuck!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
On food network they stress cleanliness. And they wash their hands after handling meat.
They might talk about washing their hands but a lot of the shows they have their hair hanging all around their face loose and swishing when they move their head. Barefoot Contessa and the young one that cooks Italian ,can't think of her name has hers all down in front.