Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy) >

Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 AM

housework housework what is that, seems like I heard of it somewhere, LOL
only kidding
if you do 1 room well everyday it isn't so bad. tidy,dust, sweep and mop 1 room at a time, if you have time do 2 rooms. always keep your main rooms tidy kitchen and lounge incase of unexpected visitors. and make your bed as soon as you get out of it,
I was always told clean floors clean lounge and kitchen and the rest looks after itself, pity I don't live by my own advice, to busy looking after cats, mum, and life, it all just gets in the way of my hobbies. BOO HOO.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 AM

Woops gotta let the cleaning lady in
Old 09-17-2010, 05:54 AM

My DH has been retired more than 20 years and he is still a mess maker. I have about given up...certainly lowered my standards. He will help clean if I ask him, but never quite finishes anything. Drives me crazy! He'll load the dishwasher, but leave out a pan or lid or some silverware. He'll wipe off the stove and the counter around it, but leave the one at the sink. Fortunately, our friends are all our age, and their eyesight is not as good as it used to be!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 AM

Everytime I need to take a break from sewing due to back pain, I'll do a little work around the house... dishes, laundry, vacuum. Most of the time though, I try to just sew through the pain... I have to much to get done!!! lol!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:56 AM

Housework...Cleaning....Sorry, I don't understand what those words mean :lol: :lol:
Old 09-17-2010, 11:58 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by Gramof6
Tell the men that leave things lying around "I am cleaning in the morning & everything that is left out of place is going to get tossed into a laundry basket if not the grabage."
If I did that, my guy would be running around naked! :-)
Yea mine too !!!!! and mine wouldn't care cause He'd love it!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:49 PM

I just remembered this......

When my youngest daughter was about 7, she wouldn't keep her room clean. And if by some miracle she did. All of the mess was pushed under the bed. And then covered by the dust ruffle, so to her out of sight and Mom won't know...LOL

Well I went in there with a bow rake and drug all that mess out and threw it in the trash. Then took her bed frame and put that in the garage. Her bed sat on the floor, no place to cram her mess under. And I took her closet doors too. I am so mean....LOL
Old 09-17-2010, 01:58 PM

I clean the shower walls and door and then put paste car wax on them. Wait till it clouds and buff off. It shines and soap scum is easier to clean off the next time.
I also put my boys bed on the floor and took off the doors to the closet and room. Took the legs off the couch and chair. Took out the coffee/end tables. If they did not bring their clothes to the laundry room I sent them to school in dirty clothes (a secret note to teacher)Only took 1 time to convince them. Was I mean?
Old 09-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mimito2
I clean the shower walls and door and then put paste car wax on them. Wait till it clouds and buff off. It shines and soap scum is easier to clean off the next time.
I also put my boys bed on the floor and took off the doors to the closet and room. Took the legs off the couch and chair. Took out the coffee/end tables. If they did not bring their clothes to the laundry room I sent them to school in dirty clothes (a secret note to teacher)Only took 1 time to convince them. Was I mean?
Yes you are......taking off the legs of a defenseless sofa and chair !! LOL

My kids did their own laundry starting at the age of 8 or so. When they decided to start changing their clothes three or four times a day and throwing clean clothes in with the dirty ones. This stopped the multiple outfits changes really quick.
If I found their toys in any room but theirs I would put them in a box up in the attic. Only access was in my closet, so no one was able to sneak them back out.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Um, housework???

Housework? That's what we have children for.