Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Keeping your cat off the ironing board >

Keeping your cat off the ironing board

Keeping your cat off the ironing board

Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 AM

I keep a small spray bottle on the corner of the board, that's how I discipline the cats from going on the table etc. It works, if they hop on the chair near the board I just move the bottle so they can see it.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 AM

Give them a squirt of water!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:57 AM

I knew our cat, Jack, was weird. He wants to drink out of the pool instead of using his waterbowl. We have to keep the water level up so he doesn't fall in. I knew it...I knew it.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

I battle with my cat all the time. I can spray her, but when I'm not looking...up she goes, knocking the iron over all the time. I make sure that I unplug the iron and move it off the board when I'm not using it. If she tumples over the board onto the floor...I don't care as long as the iron isn't on it. (Did ya'll ever think that if this contraption were invented today that it would NEVER get approval?...its dangerous!! :lol:)
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 AM

I don't leave my iron on the ironing board. I keep it on a small table next to the board and she has never been interested. The table is sturdy so she couldn't topple it and if she got too close to the iron - well, let's just say she wouldn't do it again.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 AM

Cats do not like the smell of vinegar---I spray it where ever I don't want him to go and it works very well---don't think spraying the ironing board with vinegar would hurt it at all---the smell doesn't last but I don't think Toby knows that---worth a try
Old 11-05-2010, 06:30 AM

I'm sorry about the burn. One of my Corgis will try to climb up on the ironing board - it is next to the bed, so easy access for her. So far she has not done it near a hot iron.

K
Old 11-05-2010, 07:33 AM

I close the door when I don't want their help. Otherwise, it's a matter of using the water pistol :twisted:
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 AM

I keep my cat in my sewing room but I made her three places for her to lay and watch and I talk to her and get her opinion. I took fleece and folded it on a shelf above my cutting table she loves high places. On the left side I put a tall box with fleece, her scratching place and toys water and food. Then on the shelf I hung a Kincade tapestry and made her a hiddy hole behind it with a soft warm bed for her "I want to be alone time".

Is she spoiled yes but so am I she makes sure of it.

She hasn't bothered my ironing board which I leave up all the time. But don't get me started on Nikki and the lap top computer. She thinks it is hers.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
I have mine in an area where they don't jump on it. Mine hate the ironing board. When I set it up, it screeches worse than fingernails on a chalkboard...
Mine too, plus its pretty old and wobbly (so is the cat). He runs the other way when I take it out. "squeeeeek"