Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival >

quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival

quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival

Old 11-17-2010, 05:43 PM

It is my hope that who ever stole the quilt will go to bed and sleep under it, and have the WORST NIGHTMARES, they have ever experienced!!!!!!!! Jan
Old 11-17-2010, 05:46 PM

That man that did that was caught and he was prosecuted. I think he got a huge fine and spent some time in jail. Jan
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM

that is just sad, im thinking it was someone that has never made a quilt before
Old 11-17-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I just wonder if the quilt hasn't been misplaced rather than 'stolen'. I can't imagine that someone would steal a quilt.
It happens more often than one would like.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 PM

how sad. I bet it's worth a lot that's why, If everyone posts it around, they will have a hard time displaying it in their home, or try to sell it.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 PM

Yes, it happens. We had a Christmas Tea luncheon at our church and asked if anyone had tea cups they could use, please bring them. Well, dumbie me thought that it would be nice to bring my Christmas cup and saucer set from the book "A Cup of Christmas Tea". So I wrote my name on the bottom of the cup and saucer in gold pen. You guessed it. Someone went home with my porcelain, original, made in England cup and saucer. Hope they choked on their tea.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 PM

I know how heart breaking it to have a quilt stolen. I had a quilt that my grandmother pieced out of silk pieces, my mother brier stitched around each block and embroidered the dates of all of my grandmother's children (12) dates of births and some deaths and their wedding dates. Someone stole it out of my cedar chest in my bedroom. I cried for weeks. That was ten years ago and I still haven't found it. I guess I probably won't but it still hurts. I had it quilted, and it was to handed down as a family heirloom to my oldest son.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:43 PM

I know how heart breaking it to have a quilt stolen. I had a quilt that my grandmother pieced out of silk pieces, my mother brier stitched around each block and embroidered the dates of all of my grandmother's children (12) dates of births and some deaths and their wedding dates. Someone stole it out of my cedar chest in my bedroom. I cried for weeks. That was ten years ago and I still haven't found it. I guess I probably won't but it still hurts. I had it quilted, and it was to handed down as a family heirloom to my oldest son.
My heart goes out to whoever lost their quilt.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It is frightening to know that that hundred of thousands of people all around us are dishonest and have no respect for other's property or feelings.
I agree, BellaBoo. I see it whenever I have to go anywhere, even to the stores in this small town.
I feel that, for the most part, quilters and crafters are the last bastion of sanity, and something like this shakes even that sense of serenity. When things started disappearing from churches, no place else is safe, either. Those who have no shame before God, have no fear of security guards, either.
I just hope this quilt is found and returned. I have a couple of 1800's quilts, made by my Great-grandmothers, and would be devastated to lose them.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:10 PM

it sad people are so untrustworthy