Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Software-which do you use >

Quilting Software-which do you use

Quilting Software-which do you use

Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 AM

I bought EQ7 over a year ago and I love it. I have designed several quilts already. It has helped me use up my stash. It is very beginner friendly and somewhere on here is a whole tutorial on how to use it. Try looking on search here and maybe that will help you decide. It all depends on what you want to do with it.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I use Quilt Pro 6. I started with version 4 and upgraded each time. It was quite a bit cheaper than EQ back during version 4. It's still cheaper but not as much so. It does everything that EQ does as far as I know--just not as popular or as well advertised.
I got this program last year, not only for the price but because it fits my needs. And it's easy to use!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 AM

I have EQ7 and love it! I have been getting the upgrades since about EQ$. For those of you who do own EQ. Did you register your program when you purchased it? If you did, then you should have gotten notified of the upgrade coming out before it was even out there. When you purchase the upgrade through the makers of EQ - you get a heck of a deal! I can't remember what my cost was, but it was much less than buying another program or buying it from someone else. Be sure and check into that. It's one of the perks of ownership of the program. I use it EQ lots. I've designed several quilts of my own that I did make and a couple of guild raffle quilts. It does take some getting to know, and I sure don't use it to even half it's potential, but I wouldn't be without it.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 AM

I use Excel and love it! I'll copy/paste pictures of fabric in, and can draw lines and whatnot. Plus I can easily make it calculate whatever I need. Plus, since I've had it on my computer for many years, it didn't cost me anything extra :D
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have EQ7 (been using it since EQ3). It's the best as far as using it as a beginner to going all the way to advanced designer.
While I myself do not use EQ, more than a dozen of my quilt guild friends do, and each has used EQ for at least five years. All of them have upgraded to EQ7, and they love this version best for the reason above.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Here it is at Quilt in a Day but it's not the Paducah one. Could not find it at the Paducah website:

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...ay.asp?i=28132
Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 AM

I use EQ6 Software to design quilts and it is pretty easy to use. There is a newer version of the software EQ7.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by redeagle
If I had EQ I never would get off the computer! I have been up since 4:30 a.m. and here it is 11:00 and I am still on the computer. Must get off and do something. Right or wrong, I must do something! LOL
You sound just like me. I havent turned out a thing since before Christmas.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Normally I like anything that will help me get things done faster. Computers are good for; recipes, accounting, picture storage, letter writing, invitations and the list goes on.....but not for quilting. At least not for me. I still like browsing patterns on the QB, Online stores, LQS and friends. The fun of picking our fabric, cutting and assembling are marvels still enjoyed.
Just don't get the idea of software to design a quilt. Of course unless you are professional and sell your ideas.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM

I went to Quilt in a Day/Paducah and find nothing about EQ 7.