Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009 >

CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009

CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009

Old 11-10-2009, 10:35 AM

Lol, I understood. I made 30 and confused poor Esq...
Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 AM

Yes, ladies, I am confused. Easily in life...

Okay, so everything is packed and ready to go to the post. I have to put postage on a few, get an envelope for our NZ mate (bluechicken) and we're good to go.

BRT - I sent you back 6 of yours, plus an additional two.. I had to put down one of each person's to start, then added 5 or 11 to the pile...I ended up with 6 left, plus your 6. So, I'm holding on to them. If I didn't mess up (which I don't understand how I didn't - these must go to someone!) then I'll mail them back to the original swapper that sent them in.

I did not even look at names or the style of block when I passed them out. I didn't want to coordinate, or pick favorites, or anything, so I literally went in a line until I ran out, picked up the next block, distributed, etc. Sort of like playing Mancala, if anyone is familiar with that game.

And Nellie - I remembered at the end to take a photo of your blocks...I got one, hope that's okay.

Apparantly, waiting until morning with a fresh brain is still not a perfect solution! However, ya'll have some terrific blocks coming! They'll be in today's mail, so we should have lots of posts by Saturday.

I took photos but for some reason, can't download them on the computer I'm using. I'll try later. Sorry.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:55 AM

All right, let's try this photo thing again. Sad to say, loser that I am, it's photos of envelopes...see if you can see your pile somewhere!

Okay, something is wrong with my camera, the cord that connects to the computer, or my brain is fried. I can't get it to work from this computer either! I have to get to work, so I'll try this again later.

Sorry.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

I am sure the extra blocks will sort themselves out, don't worry about it, you are doing an awesome job with this swap!!!
I can't wait to see the pictures, but totally understand the computer thing :roll: :lol:

Cutebuns is selling quilt labels and has an adorable chicken one, too
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/15/28381.page
Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

ESQ - so what you're really saying is that you are running around like a chiken with its head chopped off. lol

Hope the little guys sort themselves out for you. Just give them a little time and they (and you) will settle down.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 PM

MadQuilter- that really CRACKED me up...
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM

I can imagine the nightmares trying to sort them all out!

blueribbontoes, did you do 30 all the same, or are they different?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM

I did 12ish of an americana chicken blocks, 18ish of a red and white polkadot/chicken embroidery, and 6 of a modern pattern in brown/green/orange with a chicken print. All pieced, no applique.

I'll post pictures of whatever I have left over, maybe someone will want to swap for one. I'm not picky what I get in exchange- fall blocks, or pink and brown, or teal/red/birds, or....

Lol. Let's NOT COUNT OUR CHICKENS before they arrive... Er, hatch...

Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
I did 12ish of an americana chicken blocks, 18ish of a red and white polkadot/chicken embroidery, and 6 of a modern pattern in brown/green/orange with a chicken print. All pieced, no applique.

I'll post pictures of whatever I have left over, maybe someone will want to swap for one. I'm not picky what I get in exchange- fall blocks, or pink and brown, or teal/red/birds, or....

Lol. Let's NOT COUNT OUR CHICKENS before they arrive... Er, hatch...

LOL

That's what I was going to suggest... I'd be happy to do another single block to swap for one of your extras that I haven't got.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:31 PM

Sounds great!! Thanks!!