Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Sandy,
Lasted three days for me, too. And ended with a giant headache.

Try to drink some fluids. Maybe it will help, if you can keep them down. I even threw up lifesavers.

Tru,
My brussell sprouts were awesome! Thank you so much for that luscious recipe.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 PM

The toilet has been my "friend" all afternoon. Yuck.....
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Okay I want to know how a "bug" gets passed around on our Internet website? It sounds like we all work at the same place or something! Please do not give it to me I have way too many things on the "to do" list to be sick! Hope you all feel better. My #1 recommendation is Vernor's gingerale. Diet or regular. It's made with real ginger and ginger helps stomach problems. I'm down 6.8 lbs, Working hard at it. Take care every one!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned

I hate it.......my BFF sent me clothes of her moms. I wanted to make her a memory quilt. Her mom passed last July. I am going crazy she sent valour (SP?) and poly and nylon tops. I have a panel of psalm 23 for the center but the panel is small about 18x18. Everything is sliding all over when I cut it. I decided on a sq in a sq. I will work on it and do the best I can. It will have to be GOOD ENOUGH.....I hate good enough, but I really don't have a choice with this one.. BFF doesn't quilt or sew. I don't think she can sew a botton on so she won't knew the difference but I will. ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrr
Old 02-18-2011, 11:57 PM

Tru, try lightweight iron on interfacing for the knits and silky fabrics. It wouldn't work with the velour.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:05 AM

Hello everyone. We are having great weather and I'm not able to get out & enjoy it. Gonna talk to my DR about knee replacement surgery when I see him next month. This was not a good week for me. Planning to get back on the elliptical Monday - it does not usually hurt me.

I have done lots of hand quilting this week. And re-gained 3#. Story of my life that I am working to change.

Happy Saturday everyone! Can't believe there is only one more week left.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
Hello everyone. We are having great weather and I'm not able to get out & enjoy it. Gonna talk to my DR about knee replacement surgery when I see him next month. This was not a good week for me. Planning to get back on the elliptical Monday - it does not usually hurt me.

I have done lots of hand quilting this week. And re-gained 3#. Story of my life that I am working to change.

Happy Saturday everyone! Can't believe there is only one more week left.
Where are you going in the PNW next fall?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by irishrose
Tru, try lightweight iron on interfacing for the knits and silky fabrics. It wouldn't work with the velour.
I don't have any in the house I would have to order it on line. I don't know what the heck the fabric is I tried to iron it with the lowest setting and it kinda melts. I am going to just pin the heck out of it sew it together and however it turns out it turns out. I was thinking about that this morning it is not a show quilt it is a memory quilt for Linda to cuddle under. She will be wrapped in her moms clothes which will be a comfort to her. She misses her so much. I will take a picture when I am done and have someone post it for me.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Banned

Do your teeth hurt????????????? The next step with this virus or whatever is going around is your teeth will hurt. Mine are killing me, the headache is back in full force and I have tiny little bumps in my mouth. Years age each time the entire neighborhood got any virus a neighbor would not get the symptoms everyone else had she would get it in her gums. She had the most beautiful teeth and took care of her teeth and gums yet that is where all the viruses would settle. I had oatmeal for breakfast for 2 reasons I like it and then my theory is if you soak in am oatmeal bath for a rash maybe the oatmeal will make my mouth better.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
WHERE IS MISSY????????????? That silly turtle eating girl :wink: :wink: :wink: is she out licking windows again? :shock: :shock: I bet we could find her at Cold Stone Creamery licking their windows. :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
Oh I am here!! I have been busy busy busy. I am waiting for my meds to come this morning and my mom and step dad just left to go play poker for the day.

It is snowing like crazy and only 15 degrees right now. BRRR!

I have been working very hard on my diet and exercising. I wish this weight would just drop off of me! Ugh.

Oh well. I hope everyone is doing well!

Love,

Missy